• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New is always better?
Even if you buy a vintage pair of AE, they are new to you and can easily be a new favorite. That is how I look at it.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the description / pictures.

So in lets say Nike's I wear 13 all day, but with the 65 I find 12.5 seems to work better as the 13's I have run "long". I do have a 12E on the 65, length is fine, but I have some slight pressure on the pinky toe, prolly EE would have been better.
Long story short I've been wanting some double monks for a while and was looking at the St. Johns, without access to a store, and only having snail mail at my disposal I'm hesitant on ordering due to sizing. Just trying to get an idea what I should be looking at if I do pull the trigger.
That True Size thing on AE says I should order a 13, but also says in the description fit will be Long, which makes me think maybe size down and go wider to compensate.

I would go TTS. I wear a 12B on both 65 and 1943 and FWIW the 1943 is my best fitting last

I measure as 12B on my right foot and 13B on my left so YMMV

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say to @vdubiv and anyone else estimating sizes for dress shoes that tennis shoe sizing is almost worthless, especially in wider sizes. There is no uniform conversion formula as far as I know. IMO they are worse than a Brannick for guessing a good starting point.

Aand the AE print out thing, while better than nothing, does not take into account heel-ball measurements.

One is almost always better off asking questions here and in other “enthusiasts” threads.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic.

If anyone in here watches Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, apparently Mrs. Horseyhead is one of their famous bumps. She's holding ferrets in the photo (I KNOW I KNOW WHAT A SHOCKER) and they put the photo and her tweet about Andy and Ollie basically making her the Beastmaster.

Edit: here's a slightly blurry screenshot from her video of excitement on FB:

Screenshot_20200228-044137_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic.

If anyone in here watches Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, apparently Mrs. Horseyhead is one of their famous bumps. She's holding ferrets in the photo (I KNOW I KNOW WHAT A SHOCKER) and they put the photo and her tweet about Andy and Ollie basically making her the Beastmaster.

That’s actually really cool.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

michaeliany

Reaction score
it’s the excuse they needed to start a sell. We will see the Dow to 22000 for sure, likely to 21000, and maybe even to 18000

The market has proven to be remarkably resilient during these last 4 years, despite foreign tensions, leaving trade agreements, increasing tariffs, general bullying, a lack of authentic diplomacy, etc.
However, the "Caronavirus" is something else. Panic seems to be spreading even quicker than the virus itself.
My friend in Hong Kong says it's very real and my cousin in Italy said that people are extremely scared.
It's definitely going to get worse before it gets any better.
Still, I have a friend that booked a trip to Japan just yesterday due to cheap airfare. He told me it was so cheap. I didn't inquire about exact pricing.
If the panic takes hold, it will grip the world and squeeze tight.
Who knows how bad it will be.
I parked my investments into cash equivalents yesterday.
Time to brace ourselves.

Luckily I have my Strands on with grippy V-Tread. (Sorry no pic - I know - boooooo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads