• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is very nice! My son was born in 1983 and he wouldn't listen to classical music to save his life. What instrument do you play or are you a vocalist? Are you currently an active professional musician?
I was purposefully vague as I am not necessarily a professional musician but rather a music teacher. Slight difference! Piano is my proficiency. In general I do not look favorably on popular music of this era.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh. Typical AE. TWO pairs of mismatched shoes! When WILL they get this right?
IMG_20200227_144231.jpg
IMG_20200227_144239.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Truthfully though, they're well executed and look great, my flat welt single Butyl soled Strand Boots. (They're still on their ill-advised single bag kick though)
The out of direct sun is more true colored.
Here's some pics with Alden #8, chili, burgundy.
IMG_20200227_144503.jpg
IMG_20200227_144441.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least five shades of grey. Now just have to find around forty five more shades of grey.

Wearing those floppy-tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0's as well as showing that the Trunk Show grey suede is at least a billion times better than the grey suede A-E used to use.

IMG_4092.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, it's around 87F here today so it's best to stay in the shade.

IMG_4091.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea, a scone, and me.

IMG_4089.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was purposefully vague as I am not necessarily a professional musician but rather a music teacher. Slight difference! Piano is my proficiency. In general I do not look favorably on popular music of this era.

I have massive respect for all teachers because someone has to teach those monsters. Thank you for your service. It's truly an honorable profession.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least five shades of grey. Now just have to find around forty five more shades of grey.

Wearing those floppy-tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0's as well as showing that the Trunk Show grey suede is at least a billion times better than the grey suede A-E used to use.

View attachment 1345339

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, it's around 87F here today so it's best to stay in the shade.

View attachment 1345345

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea, a scone, and me.

View attachment 1345350
How do you each such large meals?!? (Maybe you don't finish?)

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flying home from MCI tonight two different ladies told me they liked my “shiny shoes,” so keep them spiffy people.

D32EBEE4-37EB-4DAF-8C39-1AF760B73FB6.jpeg

pbrandes

Reaction score
PSA for those seeking a belt to go with chili shell: the AE Douglas Street in chili is a pretty decent match. It has a lot more red than the usual AE belts which run more dark chili. When placed against chili shell it is a hair darker, but definitely in the same family, especially at 4' above shoes. Also, it is on sale for $69.

IMG_4675.JPG

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PSA for those seeking a belt to go with chili shell: the AE Douglas Street in chili is a pretty decent match. It has a lot more red than the usual AE belts which run more dark chili. When placed against chili shell it is a hair darker, but definitely in the same family, especially at 4' above shoes. Also, it is on sale for $69.

View attachment 1345413
Thought that was snow for a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads