• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pedeg, if I am spelling it correctly, is a good brand. I have my cobbler build mine. But he has a special machine to measure and then he makes the inserts. Seems to always work.
Agree on the Pedeg inserts, Saphir makes some as well. I have custom orthotics from a podiatrist, and they work (sometimes too well) at taking up volume.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Pedeg, if I am spelling it correctly, is a good brand. I have my cobbler build mine. But he has a special machine to measure and then he makes the inserts. Seems to always work.
Agree on the Pedeg inserts, Saphir makes some as well. I have custom orthotics from a podiatrist, and they work (sometimes too well) at taking up volume.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lcdx22 I have fiddled with making my own inserts with pieces of leather. There’s no one perfect fix for every shoe as each shoe presents its own challenges. The Superfeet Deluxe/Everyday 3/4 insert has been good for me in roomier boots and shoes, and the Superfeet Slim works for dress shoes. The 3/4 style helps fill in volume over the arch while letting my toes have ample room. Many times I will use a foam insert from one of my many athletic shoes, they are unstructured and work well in a variety of footwear as long as they are the correct size. Trim to fit if need be. “Sole” makes some great inserts for arch support that I use when the foot pain flares up. Also, I hate those bulky gel inserts.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's amazing... I brought Strands and Coopers on this Seattle trip. The Strands are more comfortable for the long walks. Yes, they are much harder with each step and not as wide to support a thin heel, but thee added stiffness holds up better for 5-mile walks than the Cooper sneakers--as they would more than any sneaker I think. I wouldn't recommend them for running, but walking on pavement is actually better on my feet with Strands than sneakers.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pebble Leeds today.

Attachments

• 20200226_125200.jpg
    20200226_125200.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 16

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The snowpocalypse never came. We got a few inches, so a good excuse for boots.

Longbranches.

IMG_20200226_084329.jpg
IMG_20200226_084340.jpg
IMG_20200226_085656.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day another AE. Burgundy Cambridge shines even in the worst of photos.

IMG_20200226_065926.jpg
IMG_20200226_070015.jpg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if part of the reason for the quick turnaround times on the suede TS orders compared to shell is due to more employees being able to craft suede shoes. Given the high prices of raw shell and the difficulty in working with it, I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller subset of relatively experienced people are the only ones crafting shell makeups.
Could also be the availability of shell, since most of the colors offered in the trunk show aren't normal AE offerings I'm sure they waited until after all orders were in to order just the amount of shell that they needed.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there good brands for inserts that you guys are using if you need to fill se volume in a shoe? I have a pair that feels a bit large and want to see if it would help.

Thanks@!
I have been using the Pedag Viva Low for 1 or 2 pairs that are roomy but which I nevertheless like to wear.
Pedag recommended the Viva Low for guys like me Born Flat. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics