• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't generally disagree with you on the cap toe point, but there have been a few AE designs that brought something fresh and different than the usual formal cap toe. The Overlord is one of the most unique shoes in my collection, and I'm a big fan of the design. It's very comfortable, so why do I not wear it often? Because the left shoe was constructed incorrectly and is too tight at the instep. I'm going to try stretching it over the next week for several days to see it it will help. This was one pair I should have asked if they had another pair, but at least the right shoe fits well.

View attachment 1343024
Now there’s a name I’ve not heard in a long, long time. :)

Compelling design.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now there’s a name I’ve not heard in a long, long time. :)

Compelling design.

Speaking of, these are only $89 and brand new! Someone buy these now! They look great and if the 201 works for you, these should. These are 9 D.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mario is very friendly and personable. Glad to hear you had a good experience with him as well!

AE did indeed choose well on the samples. Both my orders were exact copies of two of them - no changes needed! Your Sand Hamilton is going to be interesting, please post photos when it comes in!

Out of curiosity, why did you choose Butyl for all the soles?
I'm personally not a fan of Dainite soles or V-Tread. The heel stack color is affected when you have a different colored Dainite sole and the one shoe I have on Dainite is heavier and less comfortable than all my other shoes.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Eurohajj isn't just all Mayfair and Michelin Guide in London....I'm also getting back to Ministry of Sound for the first time in over 20 years. Her first trip there. Soooooo stoked.
I stayed in Blackfriar area during our recent New Years trip there, and a quick google maps showed I wasn't far but it listed them as closed sadly :( Reviews are all over the place for it lately too.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, the smell of new shell in the morning.
C2DE9AF8-F87D-4B0F-A8AE-7B1699B81E2E.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm personally not a fan of Dainite soles or V-Tread. The heel stack color is affected when you have a different colored Dainite sole and the one shoe I have on Dainite is heavier and less comfortable than all my other shoes.
Good call! In addition to being more water resistant than standard soles, they're also more flexible. Mine are being built with butyl as well.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call! In addition to being more water resistant than standard soles, they're also more flexible. Mine are being built with butyl as well.
What are the knocks on butyl if any? IIRC @Roycru is not a fan. Are they the same as Alden’s waterloc soles?
Am I recalling correctly that the MD chukka uses butyl soles?

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let’s play what is the temperature in Guadalajara this morning.
98A4DEC6-EFFB-4668-9ED9-4822D7B00240.jpeg

FEBC29C8-FB71-46BB-BE1E-C346F5B383C1.jpeg

must be cold.
27EB8F10-A84D-46FA-A491-441FC46CDFE8.jpeg

It could be warm.
CB96F186-CAE6-4BC7-8B46-873785E46025.jpeg

But it definitely is Patton weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics