• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little did I think, a year ago, that I would have acquired so many shoes and boots in such a short period of time. In fact, a year ago, I'm not sure I thought I'd acquire any more shoes and boots than I already had.

You see, up until about a year and a half ago, I had a very small collection of footwear: two pair of dress shoes, a pair of loafers, a pair of boots, a pair of driving moccasins, and three pair of New Balance 928s (and some other odds and ends that never got worn outside of the house or the back yard). My usual outfit back then was jeans and sneakers, with a polo in the warmer weather, and a flannel shirt in the colder weather.

The I joined Styleforum.

Now I have a small army of shoes and boots, pretty much all of them acquired since joining this forum, a year ago today.

And so, this is my first annual "State of the Collection" post, with a picture of the collection as of this morning:

footwear-collection_2020-02-23.jpg

Back Row:

AE Brown CXL Higgins Mill
Viberg x Division Road Arabica Calf Suede Derby Boot
AE Brown Sonoma Surrey Chukka
Viberg x Division Road Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt Service Boot
Grant Stone Dark Chestnut CXL Diesel
AE Tan Sonoma Surrey Cap-Toe
AE Chili Shell Fifth Street

Middle Row:

Meccariello Castagna Baby Box Calf Decurion 3
Alden 983 Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
AE Coffee McAllister
Rancourt Natty CXL Driving Moccasin
Grant Stone Bourbon Suede Leo LWB
AE Navy/Brown Boulder Driving Moccasin
Alden x Moulded Shoe Color 8 LWB on Commando

Front Row:

Alden 994 Color 8 Traditional Saddle Oxford
Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NST
AE Walnut Bartlett
AE Black Cherry Shell Bristol
AE Walnut Mackenzie
AE Black Hopkinson
Alden x Brick + Mortar Unlined Color 8 Dover

Not pictured (because symmetry, and not in the regular rotation):

AE Brown Fenway
Brooks Brothers Burgundy Tassel Loafer

Not pictured (because they haven't arrived yet):

AE Brown Tumbled Leather Tupelo
Alden x B+M Snuff Suede "Marvaments" Straight Tip Boot
Alden x B+M Color 8 Tanker Boot
Alden x Sherman Brothers Earth Chamois Indy Boot

NOTE: Before I joined Styleforum, I had three of the shoes/boots pictured above: the Alden 994s, the AE Higgins Mills, and the AE Boulders. All of the others have been acquired in the past year.

Next year, I'll probably have to break the collection up into multiple pictures. Or get a taller ladder...

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Little did I think, a year ago, that I would have acquired so many shoes and boots in such a short period of time. In fact, a year ago, I'm not sure I thought I'd acquire any more shoes and boots than I already had.

You see, up until about a year and a half ago, I had a very small collection of footwear: two pair of dress shoes, a pair of loafers, a pair of boots, a pair of driving moccasins, and three pair of New Balance 928s (and some other odds and ends that never got worn outside of the house or the back yard). My usual outfit back then was jeans and sneakers, with a polo in the warmer weather, and a flannel shirt in the colder weather.

The I joined Styleforum.

Now I have a small army of shoes and boots, pretty much all of them acquired since joining this forum, a year ago today.

And so, this is my first annual "State of the Collection" post, with a picture of the collection as of this morning:

View attachment 1342722

Back Row:

Middle Row:

Alden 984 Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
AE Coffee McAllister

Front Row:

AE Walnut Bartlett
AE Walnut Mackenzie
AE Black Hopkinson

AE Brown Fenway

NOTE: Before I joined Styleforum, I had three of the shoes/boots pictured above: the Alden 994s, the AE Higgins Mills, and the AE Boulders. All of the others have been acquired in the past year.

Next year, I'll probably have to break the collection up into multiple pictures. Or get a taller ladder...
Roof.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The I joined Styleforum.

View attachment 1342722

Back Row:

Middle Row:

Alden 984 Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
AE Coffee McAllister

Front Row:

AE Walnut Bartlett
AE Walnut Mackenzie
AE Black Hopkinson

AE Brown Fenway

That is an amazing collection. You could not have been sober and purchased all of those damn shoes.
How the F' do you keep them mounted to the wall??

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@woofmang What is that light blue suede Chukka? I'm not a huge suede guy, but that color looks excellent. I might reconsider if that color was available for the Strand or Leeds.

Also, I learned this weekend that it is not a good idea to accidentally get rubbing alcohol / water on the insoles of your shoes. I was trying to stretch my Overlord, and now there's a permanent stain on the insole. Not a big deal, but I figured people should be aware of this if you haven't made this mistake already.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@woofmang What is that light blue suede Chukka? I'm not a huge suede guy, but that color looks excellent. I might reconsider if that color was available for the Strand or Leeds.

Also, I learned this weekend that it is not a good idea to accidentally get rubbing alcohol / water on the insoles of your shoes. I was trying to stretch my Overlord, and now there's a permanent stain on the insole. Not a big deal, but I figured people should be aware of this if you haven't made this mistake already.
It's the grey surrey

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trick of the light: the only Chukka in the pic is the Surrey, which AE describes as Brown, but it's a very light brown. (BTW: it's Nubuck rather than suede.)

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The I joined Styleforum.

View attachment 1342722

Back Row:

Middle Row:

Alden 983 Burnished Tan Calfskin LHS
AE Coffee McAllister

Front Row:

AE Walnut Bartlett
AE Walnut Mackenzie
AE Black Hopkinson

AE Brown Fenway

I always enjoy these posts. Thanks for sharing and if anyone else wants to jump on board, please do.

There’s a nice balance in your collection. surprised how dark both the GS diesels and coffee McAllisters look.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Eurohajj isn't just all Mayfair and Michelin Guide in London....I'm also getting back to Ministry of Sound for the first time in over 20 years. Her first trip there. Soooooo stoked.
I salute your cultural versatility, sir.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy these posts. Thanks for sharing and if anyone else wants to jump on board, please do.

There’s a nice balance in your collection. surprised how dark both the GS diesels and coffee McAllisters look.
Some of that is the light (it's overcast here today, and the window light was a little weak, so I added the overhead), but they are quite dark, they're both a touch darker than the Brown CXL Higgins Mill.

ETA: And the Grant Stone Diesel is the darkest of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads