• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nmh20

Reaction score
2020 could be the year I go from the guy in my friend group that has a lot nice shoes to the weirdo that spends way too much money on footwear.

Dundee’s (2) - Loden Suede (maybe Massdrop?), Brown Shell

Higgins Mill (2) - Natty CXL (may just go with Grant Stone Diesel), something suede

Burgundy Shell Grayson

Natty Shell Anything

Just more shell in general (emphasis on brown and rare)
Acquisitions thus far:

Brown Dundee 2.0
Loden Dundee (Trunk show)
Grant Stone Dune Diesel
Grant Stone Midnight Navy Ottawa (pre-order)
Black Normandy w/ Lug Sole ($99 SMU)

Burgundy Shell Grayson (eBay, poor fit)
Burgundy Shell Macneil (wrong size, hoping my size pops up)
Snuff Macneil (Trunk show)
Walnut Macneil (RIP Macneil)

Pretty expensive 2 months, wish the Shell purchased had worked out

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1342515
Madhat understands everyone recommends Feibings for calf dye, but I'm not sure about their suede dye. Seems watered down compared to Angulus. I thought the bluer black of Feibings would net me factory black suede compared to the brown black of the more red (purplish) black of Angulus. Nah, brah. Nearly same color. I'm thinking I might try a pass over with navy dye to get them bluer like the Caens.
I learned many years ago that if you want a true black, dye with blue or navy first.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rare appearance of black oxfords today
2194294A-A3E8-4445-A762-2EAA23A4D92C.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I learned many years ago that if you want a true black, dye with blue or navy first.
That's what I suspected. I wasn't sure if you did much suede dyeing. Thanks for the feedback!
I’m wearing the ladyboots today. This burgundy shell is VERY dark.

View attachment 1342612

Upon further review, these Daltons in size 14 probably should not be referred to as lady boots.
Skis? ;P

F-4C

Reaction score
So, did they actually say cordovan collection, or just cordovan? Sellers either don't know or are intentionally deceptive and use cordovan as a term for burgundy. In the future, I would suggest looking at the shell database (and asking here) for shell verification by model number. Also, not sure how they looked in listing, but I suspect if we'd seen the pics we could have caught it before purchase. Luckily they were cheap, and as shoenut said it was a good learning experience!

Great minds think alike!

They specifically stated Cordovan Collection. I put it down to them not knowing, as their other listings were very casual items. Still, its frustrating as they clearly did do some form of research (they listed USD RRP prices etc). I actually did quickly glance at the database, and saw 'D8287' Grayson (despite my item being 8227) which was apparently good enough for my brain at the time to assume they were the same model. In the future, if I'm not sure, I'll be sure to ask here / other relevant forums! The buyer was thankfully very understanding, and accepted my offer of a dramatic discount back down to 8227 prices.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, Eiffel 65. Apparently someone else also spent the late 90’s / early aughts on the club scene.

The Eurohajj isn't just all Mayfair and Michelin Guide in London....I'm also getting back to Ministry of Sound for the first time in over 20 years. Her first trip there. Soooooo stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads