• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ship to AE store (or your office) FTW

This is what is painful for the narrow width guys. Unless I'm mistaken (someone please tell me I'm mistaken) only AE, Alden and Rancourt are available to us

I see shoes by Carmina, Meermin C&J etc that I want but its all forbidden fruit

Carmina offers both lasts that run narrow (e.g. Simpson) as well as narrower fits of other lasts (e.g. Rain D). They may have other suggested lasts if you reach out to them. I believe C&J has a number of lasts that fit narrow as well like the 348, 324 and 240 but someone with more experience with C&J may know of others. The European shoemakers generally treat widths differently than American shoemakers. Instead of having 4-5 main lasts with a gamut of width options for each last, they have a greater number of lasts that range from narrow fitting to wide fitting.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing khaki grain McTavishes tonight.

IMG_4063.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, it was a dark and stormy night.

Went to Diehl Marcus & Company in East Hollywood to hear Craig Owens (holding a copy of his most recent book) talking about about his favorite local ghosts.

IMG_4054.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, the cookies at the event (before I ate most of the cookies on the cookie dish on the left).

IMG_4058.jpeg

For fans of pictures of objects moved by ghosts in the Aztec Hotel in Monrovia CA in shoe threads. the little box one of the ghosts there moved.

IMG_4062.jpeg

Extra Added Attraction Picture: For those who have never been in the Metro Red Line Vermont/Sunset station in East Hollywood CA after midnight on a Saturday night, this is what it looks like.

IMG_4053.jpeg

The street is two levels up from here. The trains are one level down from here. Unless you have ever been here when the escalators are not working (which happens fairly often) you have no idea how comfortable Allen-Edmonds shoes are.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE x Winefest - 3 hours, 300+ Global wine samples available, multiple food stations from local restaurants.

View attachment 1342395
300+ wines???? WOW after that no wonder faces are blurry :) Sounds like a good time, what size area was it held in, our local wine tasting is usually confined to a store (who happens to sell the wine we are tasting)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing khaki grain McTavishes tonight.

View attachment 1342377

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, it was a dark and stormy night.

Went to Diehl Marcus & Company in East Hollywood to hear Craig Owens (holding a copy of his most recent book) talking about about his favorite local ghosts.

View attachment 1342378

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, the cookies at the event (before I ate most of the cookies on the cookie dish on the left).

View attachment 1342379

For fans of pictures of objects moved by ghosts in the Aztec Hotel in Monrovia CA in shoe threads. the little box one of the ghosts there moved.

View attachment 1342380

Extra Added Attraction Picture: For those who have never been in the Metro Red Line Vermont/Sunset station in East Hollywood CA after midnight on a Saturday night, this is what it looks like.

View attachment 1342388

The street is two levels up from here. The trains are one level down from here. Unless you have ever been here when the escalators are not working (which happens fairly often) you have no idea how comfortable Allen-Edmonds shoes are.
Sartorial excellence in the flesh, @Roycru ! Somehow, I feel like I might be a bit nervous to enter an empty subway station after midnight with no other people around, even if I was wearing AE....especially after a meeting about hauntings.......

F-4C

Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering if I could get some assistance. I purchased these a while back (to flip), and the last seller listed them as being from the Allen Edmond Shell Cordovan Collection. I listed them and then put them away in appropriate storage, and haven't looked at them again; until today when they sold. However, having now handled actually 100% confirmed shell cordovan (AE Macneils) I believe these Grayson Loafers (8227) to be calf skin and NOT shell Cordovan.

Before I message the buyer, could someone offer another insight?

The obvious reasons behind my conclusion would be the creasing and scratching. The leather also feels thin (expected for loafers) and unlike my other Shell Cordovan shoes. The soles are worn / resoled so offer no clue.

Thank you in advance!
IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering if I could get some assistance. I purchased these a while back (to flip), and the last seller listed them as being from the Allen Edmond Shell Cordovan Collection. I listed them and then put them away in appropriate storage, and haven't looked at them again; until today when they sold. However, having now handled actually 100% confirmed shell cordovan (AE Macneils) I believe these Grayson Loafers (8227) to be calf skin and NOT shell Cordovan.

Before I message the buyer, could someone offer another insight?

The obvious reasons behind my conclusion would be the creasing and scratching. The leather also feels thin (expected for loafers) and unlike my other Shell Cordovan shoes. The soles are worn / resoled so offer no clue.

Thank you in advance!
View attachment 1342460
View attachment 1342461
View attachment 1342463
View attachment 1342464
These are calf.
I would let the buyer know and ask if they want to cancel.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Sunday. Be headin into the District to dine at the Hamilton later tonight, but for now as I'm rockin PJ Pance and lotioning my arm every 15 minutes, heres a fun thing.

20200223_092529.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads