• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to sneak in my order still. Gonna go with a snuff Grayson, antique flat welt, and either single v-tread or single butyl sole.

I can just call any retail, non-outlet location, right? Or can I call an outlet too? If I can, I’d like to give my business to Charleston for all their help lately!
Of course, just call Charleston. They can place your order

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I’m wishing you still had it.

Thanks, but they had served their purpose. That being said, I still wanted to find a burgundy shell blucher cap toe to replace it. Along came a chance to order an Alden shoe with those characteristics and no AE version, and that was the trigger to replace it.

7547E126-17C7-4DC1-A74B-D523765EACA5.jpeg

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was hoping for suede Bradleys, but AE discontinued the model.
Shell isn’t a bad consolation prize:
View attachment 1342062
View attachment 1342065
View attachment 1342066

View attachment 1342071

They are second but are in excellent shape. One toe stitch is slightly off but more than acceptable. However, it looks like there is some slight tearing.
Does anyone have experience with this? It’s not in a high stress area so I wouldn’t think it would be a problem:
View attachment 1342070
My Patriots have been fine with a similar imperfection; I think they'll serve you until you're tired of them

cincytri

Reaction score
I was hoping for suede Bradleys, but AE discontinued the model.
Shell isn’t a bad consolation prize:
View attachment 1342062
View attachment 1342065
View attachment 1342066

View attachment 1342071

They are second but are in excellent shape. One toe stitch is slightly off but more than acceptable. However, it looks like there is some slight tearing.
Does anyone have experience with this? It’s not in a high stress area so I wouldn’t think it would be a problem:
View attachment 1342070
Absolutely ridiculous that AE discontinued this awesome model. I wouldn't even listen to an explanation...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous that AE discontinued this awesome model. I wouldn't even listen to an explanation...
Even if production costs outweighed sales and keeping means killing Trunk Shows and quality? Just hypothetically.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel ya. 3 great models got DC'd recently. Patriot and MacNeil being the others.
I never heard an explanation for Bradley. For Mac and Pat it was sales and high defect rate, respectively.

cincytri

Reaction score
Even if production costs outweighed sales and keeping means killing Trunk Shows and quality? Just hypothetically.
I guess they have their reasons and if they like seeing customers move on to other brands, so be it. The Bradley is an awesome shoe and AE can do it right (when they want to) and others can as well. Take the orders, take your time, do it right, and deliver a great product. Sounds simple enough to me. Same goes for the Rogue, MacNeil, First Ave., Fifth Street, etc.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Went to the Trunk Show in SF last night. It was a pretty slow overall, but that allowed a lot of time to talk things over with my SA.

Ultimately decided on the following:
  • Burgundy Macneil, Black Dainite
  • Snuff Leeds, Olive Dainite

Wasn't able to customize the welt/edge, but I'm told the Burgundy Mac will come with Reverse in Brown, and the Snuff Leeds with Reverse in Antique. Would have preferred Black on the Mac with matching Dainite, but the Antique on the Leeds is going to be perfect.

It was really hard passing up Loden and Navy, and the FOMO will be strong seeing the Plymouths, Strands, and HMs coming in on this forum, but you can't always have all the things.

No one I talked to that night seemed to be SF members on this thread, but there was one couple that flew in to the City just to do shopping, on a whim. And they just bought some stock Parks, nothing from the TS. I was mystified.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started the day off with my Barret pair. I love them, and they are so comfortable. I had wanted a Shane when I bought them, but they sent me a Barrett with Shane model numbers! After discount, they were about $100. I have had several opportunities to buy a real Shane since at about the same price. I almost regret not buying it, but the shoes would be the same color. I am happy using that closet space for a gem.
4C002A78-EDB6-40F8-A95F-8FA357F0E1F6.jpeg

Later in the day, we had a birthday celebration for several family members with February birthdays. So I changed into $20 pants and $700 shoes!

5ABDF01E-BFDF-4D00-B64E-B2B4619D08E1.jpeg
CD06F76C-D8B1-41D4-A606-2D69251E3015.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kept looking at those today when I was in there. Kept telling myself no but really like the denim and tan.
Same here. Unfortunately they don't make a Neumok in B width, but they do make Strandmoks in the same suede colors in B widths. I've got that denim blue Strandmok on my list for this summer. Not entirely sure how I will pair it, but believe it ought to work reasonably well with lighter colored chinos and cotton trousers. Definitely a seasonal shoe.

Looks like Weasels are in for 44 pairs of TS suede as of now. Guess theres no way we hit 100, but 50 ought to be a slam dunk. 65?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads