• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmBom

Reaction score
Vintage Florsheim today while awaiting my trunk show Leeds. AE socks.

6CF517C6-12F8-4616-9CD5-9E4A8DEC1A57.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LHS in 8 for a sunny but cold Friday.

IMG_20200221_120847.jpg
IMG_20200221_121004.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joy of joys, not only was it an early-release day today, but the EDC Vegas lineup dropped! looks like we'll be hitting Le Cirque prior to the festival, as they are now closed on Mondays (and there's too much shellfish/seafood at the rest of the Michelin list in Vegas for Mrs. as it's not her bag outside specific items, though she has definitely tried a lot at least once just to see if she likes it). But we'll have another couple along for the experience so that'll be fun. Their first foray into proper Michelin-rated dining; we're excited to share it with them. I'll probably end up suited and booted in Daltons as is tradition, though I may go slightly casual with no tie. What a world we live in.

For fans of 3-night dawn-to-dusk rave lineups being posted in shoe threads:

edclv_2020_mk_lineup_announce_1080x1350_final.png

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ima order 2 pair of suede loafers later today, including a Randolph! They have not been available in my weird size until now.

I have been thinking about a snuff Randolph but the blake stitched MiUSA alternative is available in my size and about $70 cheaper so I have struggled with pulling the trigger

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about a snuff Randolph but the blake stitched MiUSA alternative is available in my size and about $70 cheaper so I have struggled with pulling the trigger

Nice looking. In that shoe, I'd need to go to an A width, or down to a 12.5, neither of which is possible with R at present. Their boots, on the 511, should work for me, but I haven't tried them yet.

Trying to find shoes to fit my odd size feet is what brought me to AE back in 08 I think it was. Still the main reason I'm a customer.

lemmy127

Reaction score

IMO, the Rancourt is much more casual with the moc toe being separate pieces of leather sewn together rather than a raised stitch along a single piece of leather. So I think the Randolph has a broader range of clothing formality that it can work with than the Rancourt.

And, as much as I love my Rancourts, their standard leather sole wears incredibly fast compared to an AE standard sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads