• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad indeed. They were in the $300s. I expected a lot better given that these are supposed to be their top-of-the-line model.

Brother, your heart is in the right place but if you are already "in the $300's" for those, you might as well jump up to women's Carminas. I got a pair of jodhpurs for my wife Christmas before last and lucked out on the size guess first time. She loves them and admits they are in a different league from the other "nice" boots she has.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
So you are saying the solution is to cuff way high...
AEB6F662-DEF9-4E10-84FA-01910E187584.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My travel shoe of choice. Super comfortable easy On/Off
I can't recommend TSA Global Entry highly enough. $20/year for the fast security line where you don't have to remove your shoes/belt/laptop/jacket and you get to keep your stuff in your pockets is well worth it. It's like a magic time machine back to pre-9/11 airport security

Last edited:

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I received the fairgates yesterday and they are better than I thought. I don’t know too much about AE as I’ve only owned two pairs. Maybe one of you could kindly tell me about when these were in production or maybe when these might have been made. Maybe some of you have seen these on eBay. I priced them at what I think is too high hoping no one would buy before I had them in my possession.
D9201042-E3DF-474C-9B45-E40E1C1D0F54.jpeg
F2467F6F-2AA2-4975-AF77-446613C38DBA.jpeg
AAF4CF1D-0571-4F7C-89BC-08FEBAEE3CCD.jpeg
12B7B425-1A2E-42CE-84FC-2D6E4CDC2CE3.jpeg
6E7E4D09-C6AD-4BD1-8099-9264F76DDC73.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
between attending a tea party in "Upland" and going to a mythical place like "Cucamonga" this all sounds like a fairy tale

You're lucky I didn't post a picture of the emu hide wearing a funny hat that's in with the Indian stuff in the Cooper Regional Museum in Upland CA.

IMG_4035.jpeg

Hope this doesn't set off a horde of posts asking if there will ever be an emu Trunk Show.

If anyone is ever in Upland CA and wants to see the emu hide, the Cooper Regional Museum is across the street from the Upland depot (and admission is free, leaving plenty of money to buy shoes).

IMG_4027.jpeg

Since you also mentioned the tea party.......

IMG_4042.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I can't recommend TSA Global Entry highly enough. $20/year for the fast security line where you don't have to remove your shoes/belts and keep your stuff in your pockets is well worth it. It's like a time machine back to pre-9/11 airport security

Just make sure you aren't a NY resident when you apply since... well, I will leave the since out of it and you can look into it yourself. :)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Alright, I received the fairgates yesterday and they are better than I thought. I don’t know too much about AE as I’ve only owned two pairs. Maybe one of you could kindly tell me about when these were in production or maybe when these might have been made. Maybe some of you have seen these on eBay. I priced them at what I think is too high hoping no one would buy before I had them in my possession. View attachment 1341250 View attachment 1341251 View attachment 1341252 View attachment 1341254 View attachment 1341255

You should keep those. I think I saw your listing. They appear to be a notch above current standards judging by how well done the stitching appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads