• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those who haven't ordered their Trunk Show suede shoes yet a picture showing how well suede shoes (Brogue Suede Strands in this case) go with the yellow lines on railroad station platforms. (You go places when you wear suede shoes.)

View attachment 1341022

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures and proof you go places when you wear suede shoes, I went to Upland CA (the station before Cucamonga) today while wearing suede shoes.

Suede shoes are the perfect travel shoes particularly when they have any sort of rubber soles.

View attachment 1341021

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, not quite sure what this was but they were very good and I ate two of them (and a lot of other good things) at a tea party in Upland today.

View attachment 1341023

Extra Added Attraction Picture: While in Upland may have discovered where Tom and Dick get their hair cut.

View attachment 1341024

Extra Added Attraction Picture Part Deux: As I have ventured into the world of things that used to be on television, every time I am on a train these things always remind me of Lucy Ricardo.

View attachment 1341025

between attending a tea party in "Upland" and going to a mythical place like "Cucamonga" this all sounds like a fairy tale

Last edited:

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday morning Strandmok’s. Y’all have a good one!
304AD748-0BDB-4D79-8635-A9F48B3568FC.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, it say's that it's selvedge denim, judging by the deep color most likely raw, so any bit of sweat or moisture will pull the dye out.

I looked closer with a decent monitor (and not my phone) and the shoes definitely look like they're lined, so the bleed would be limited to trouser cuffs.

While they would be STUNNING with a white or off-white linen, i can't advise against that option strongly enough unless there's evidence the denim was sanforized... :hide:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked closer with a decent monitor (and not my phone) and the shoes definitely look like they're lined, so the bleed would be limited to trouser cuffs.

While they would be STUNNING with a white or off-white linen, i can't advise against that option strongly enough unless there's evidence the denim was sanforized... :hide:
I would hope it's not, and it's raw, the patina would be worth owning them. Though they would wreak Havok on linen

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gray Strandmoks today. I like these a lot. Aside from Roycru's accurate complaint of floppy tongues, I think I could probably go for a run in these.

View attachment 1341134
View attachment 1341148

Also, bought a pair of Made in USA Frye boots for my girlfriend's birthday. These really make me appreciate AE quality. Every pair of seconds I own, including the Strandmoks above at 1/3 the price, is way nicer than the Frye firsts. Right boot shown below. The left boot isn't much better.

Sad. I bought a pair of Frye boots ~40 years ago that had incredible workmanship. I remember they cost about $125 then, so the same boots today would run around $600; hope you didn't pay anywhere near that for these...

Stranded94

Reaction score
Sad. I bought a pair of Frye boots ~40 years ago that had incredible workmanship. I remember they cost about $125 then, so the same boots today would run around $600; hope you didn't pay anywhere near that for these...

Sad indeed. They were in the $300s. I expected a lot better given that these are supposed to be their top-of-the-line model.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday gents. An unusual pair for me, but why not?
9C864A81-57A8-4387-A0D0-8809774B213A.jpeg
How about some dark chili with a side of tassels?
7FFC2A72-564D-487E-ABB9-0A146D92EC41.jpeg
Some FLLW inspired socks. RIP FLLW school of architecture. :(

Wish I could be at the Nashville TS. I would certainly stop for some Hattie B’s Hot Chicken. Nothing less than the heat of “shut the cluck up” spices.

Still waiting on the burgundy TS vs. cherry Neumok pictures if anyone can make that happen.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede loafers are pretty easy to come by in standard sizes outside of trunk shows and can often be had for well below MSRP

Just saying, I'd get something more exotic than randolph, especially if you are a D width or something mainstream
Ima order 2 pair of suede loafers later today, including a Randolph! They have not been available in my weird size until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads