• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a bummer day. Came home to some F2 Jefferson’s and F1 Snuff Suede Strands. Both going back. Jeff’s have a flaw that’s just a little too much for me. Strands have weird bulges straight up and down the insoles that’s feel like little rods underneath your feet.

pard ordered bartlett firsts that looked like the entire lacing section (the strips where the lacing holes reside) on both shoes was made from the fattiest loosest grain hide the world has ever seen. i'd have a hard time keeping them as seconds, and he wasn't sure if he should keep 'em. i think i helped him realize doing so would be a poor choice.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pard ordered bartlett firsts that looked like the entire lacing section (the strips where the lacing holes reside) on both shoes was made from the fattiest loosest grain hide the world has ever seen. i'd have a hard time keeping them as seconds, and he wasn't sure if he should keep 'em. i think i helped him realize doing so would be a poor choice.
Yea, I wouldn’t have kept them either.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both of my Pattons are starting to crush at the end of the toe counter. See below, this is the worst one but both are quite soft in this area.
View attachment 1340959
To make things worse, my wife has started flirting with this fat guy.
View attachment 1340958
She is even holding his hand.
I’ve never seen Shiner in person, but I’ve always imagined that he looks like that.

Shiner

Reaction score
I’ve never seen Shiner in person, but I’ve always imagined that he looks like that.
Actually I am much better looking than Gordo or @Shoenut.
7CB475D9-9144-42EB-801B-9BF6BB9FBA8D.jpeg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a bummer day. Came home to some F2 Jefferson’s and F1 Snuff Suede Strands. Both going back. Jeff’s have a flaw that’s just a little too much for me. Strands have weird bulges straight up and down the insoles that’s feel like little rods underneath your feet.
Think it’s cork that can be molded/broken in or maybe the wood shank too long/ too far forward?

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately, I've not been asking myself "which shoe do I want to wear today?", but rather, "which green shoe do I want to wear today?" For those curious, here's how the new olive compares with the casual olive and green shell. Not sure about the olive laces on the new olive Strand -- I might go back to brown.

View attachment 1340893

I think that picture just convinced me to get an olive Strand. Because I was on the fence and all.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think it’s cork that can be molded/broken in or maybe the wood shank too long/ too far forward?
I thought about both of those possibilities but truthfully I don’t know enough about shoe anatomy to say one way or the other. The SA did say that since it’s in both it’s more likely to be a problem of some sort.

Last edited:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about both of those possibilities but truthfully I don’t know much about shoe anatomy to say one way or the other. The SA did say that since it’s in both it’s more likely to be a problem of some sort.
Yeah that’s unfortunate. Best case is the cork got lumpy but it should spread out with break in. Worst case, the shank is on top of the cork and it might take a while if ever to sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads