• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately, I've not been asking myself "which shoe do I want to wear today?", but rather, "which green shoe do I want to wear today?" For those curious, here's how the new olive compares with the casual olive and green shell. Not sure about the olive laces on the new olive Strand -- I might go back to brown.

20200220_151134.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 13B in most AE lasts. I’ve found that in the 511 and 97 lasts, I’m better off in a 14AA. However, 14AA has mostly gone the way of the dodo.

I found these shell Daltons on eBay from Dabondo in a 14AA. From the minimal wear on the sole, it looked like they had only been worn once. I thought about it for a few days, and now here they are.

20A6A786-A6D4-4801-ACBA-2F5FC014EEC5.jpeg
30AB8F97-B02E-4541-B714-9C0D0A5B1F54.jpeg

After I ordered them, I found that AE has indeed re-introduced an extended range of widths for the Dalton. That’s good news for me, because the fit of this pair confirms
BE046542-D8A1-49F7-A381-EFD344A54FEA.jpeg

These were first-quality and have a Dainite sole. I actually hesitated a bit because of the sole. Not because of the Dainite, but because.... olive.

Who thought that olive soles on a burgundy boot was a good idea? I’m color-blind and even I wouldn’t have chosen that combination. Luckily the black edge dressing disguises that combination.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you find that explanation on the site somewhere, or did you have to ask? (Just curious, because I didn't see any legend on the site to explain it...)
Performance enhanced with Defender Repellent Systems® powered by Scotchgard™
This line is only on those on the website
Do AE loafers generally fit like the laceups orrrr? I'm generally a 10.5D to 11D in park, 5th, strand etc
Depends on the shoe and last. You need to tell us what model you're looking at.
Refer to Neo's guide for assistance.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lately, I've not been asking myself "which shoe do I want to wear today?", but rather, "which green shoe do I want to wear today?" For those curious, here's how the new olive compares with the casual olive and green shell. Not sure about the olive laces on the new olive Strand -- I might go back to brown.

View attachment 1340893
Brown does match the piping!

WNovizar

Reaction score
Isn't the BOGO sale as good as woodlore sales get?

I bought 4 (8 sets). Too bad it doesn't apply to boot trees. I want some of "the boss" trees but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on shoe trees. On a BOGO I'd probably buy 3-4 of the things.
Boot Trees are sometimes included in the sale. The cheapest is when they have 30% off sale during September last year

WNovizar

Reaction score

WNovizar

Reaction score
Anyone without a dark captoe who can make the 201 last work but does NOT get a pair of Hopkinsons for $199 (assuming no significant flaws) does not need to be operating any heavy equipment or raising impressionable children.

We just don't need anyone that stupid occupying any important positions in our society. :-D
Would anyone handle penis toe though

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what mean shaved?

dye is added to the shell then "shaved" (wiped) away before it fully soaks in, leaving the effect you see above. lots of variation. looks pretty nifty but i preferred the blue on my 5ths. :)

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a bummer day. Came home to some F2 Jefferson’s and F1 Snuff Suede Strands. Both going back. Jeff’s have a flaw that’s just a little too much for me. Strands have weird bulges straight up and down the insoles that’s feel like little rods underneath your feet.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both of my Pattons are starting to crush at the end of the toe counter. See below, this is the worst one but both are quite soft in this area.
CF9C20A9-8834-44CC-B90F-809C155293FF.jpeg

To make things worse, my wife has started flirting with this fat guy.
30BA7A63-4BED-43D3-9CA1-90ABE16C8C32.jpeg

She is even holding his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads