• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best color combination today....
View attachment 1340147
Disagree. I like burgundy shell with every shade of blue, including the lighter stuff. If you'd thrown a lighter colored pair of laces in there, you'd probably like the color combination a lot more.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oddly enough she hasn't been particularly supportive of me dressing nicer. Not against it just doesn't see the need (I didn't change jobs or anything just decided I couldn't dress like I was right out of college anymore).

Overall she is ambivalent to my shoes, thinks I pay way too much for them (That's at the $150 seconds/clearance prices). One of the reasons I use Paypal is that it doesn't show up on the CC. Not sure what she'd say about the 3 bills I just paid for my GS Navy Ottawa's; good thing I'm not going to tell her.
If you can’t tell her, it is cheating.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disagree. I like burgundy shell with every shade of blue, including the lighter stuff. If you'd thrown a lighter colored pair of laces in there, you'd probably like the color combination a lot more.
True. I didn’t plan the lower half of my outfit well today....

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that color and shoe, but I can't wear that style at the weekend job. My next and last damn shoe purchase will be something in shell burgundy (Cambridge, PA, MacNeil).
I have two burgundy shells: these first Ave and Wolverine 721

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mercer street and sea islands have arrived look pretty good.
Quick photos in bad lighting.
680A1A56-4E59-456F-A9F7-7B1B933A920E.jpeg
A7FD753F-47D7-4029-BF2F-B32BDBC4E805.jpeg

The right loafer of the sea islands has a slight wrinkle at the toe but that’s all I can see wrong with it.
BD218E84-6370-4AC0-9866-9DA0FF28FA26.jpeg

I sized down on the Mercer which is what is needed for heel slip but does make them snug. They will stretch I’m sure. I will say they feel like they have adequate vamp room which is very rare for me. I’ll have to have a full day in them before I can make an informed opinon on fit.

It is a bit odd that these are 8.5’s and fit length wise the same as the sea islands in 9.5.

I do really like the olive suede and I think some Hamiltons in this shade would be very nice.
36E08960-3A04-4006-AA72-42379E7883C9.jpeg

I think Walnut is my second favorite shoe color but then I don’t have rare shell.
F9F5ED15-2E4C-4619-BB66-3A55560AA604.jpeg

Rithrin

Reaction score

Don't know what last this is, but apparently there are some floating around right now. If the link is legit.

Selvedge denim cap-toe could be a fun shoe!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know what last this is, but apparently there are some floating around right now. If the link is legit.

Selvedge denim cap-toe could be a fun shoe!

it appears to be my size... unless bad last

Rithrin

Reaction score
What last is the seventh ave?

Just found it. "The Seventh Avenue is constructed on our 5-Last (65), the same last as our Park Avenue "

Source: http://answers.allenedmonds.com/ans...ns-answers/questions.htm?dir=asc&sort=recentq

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads