• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But, but, but the box said Fra-gi-le. so it must be Italian........

Lemme tell ya though, I put that thing in the window with a light, suddenly only one thing in the world would ever drag the neighborhood kids away from the sight of electric sex gleaming....

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a black one as well, actually it was a Telecaster, but the bridge pickup died, so I re-wired it to be an Esquire with the proper pick guard. Other than the headstock, couldn't tell.
5 screw one ply - legit.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have sat that long 3 times. Not much fun after the endorphins wear off. 23 hours in 3 days...Two of them back to back. Next time I will break it up into 4 hours chunks. Hope you post pics.

back piece was 8/8/4. but separated by about 3 weeks each

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask where you are from?

I had always thought "trainers" was an English usage and sneakers/tennis shoes/running shoes was the typical american usage but I'm now wondering if it is regional

I do feel like "trainers" has gained more currency in the last decade because there are so many Aussie/English celebrities using the term in the states these days
I've always thought of "trainers" as a Canadian term (probably because that's what my ex-wife - who is Canadian - called them, and up until I met her, I'd not heard anyone else use that word to describe sneakers).

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey i found a photo. And it's on topic to boot. Or to strandmok. As the case may be.

View attachment 1339521

I love that the artist deliberately (on my request) added "flaws" to the art, to better imitate the true old school feel.

My back piece though, thats another story (and nothing anyone here wants to see).
Nothing wrong with old-school style pinup girls......one of my Fender Esquire guitars View attachment 1339522
Got a black one as well, actually it was a Telecaster, but the bridge pickup died, so I re-wired it to be an Esquire with the proper pick guard. Other than the headstock, couldn't tell.

All of these posts about pin up girls and electric guitars has made me share the following video that has nothing to do with shoes. Some of you may appreciate it. Josh Turner, the guitarist, is my current favorite performer on youtube. Mad skills on his many, many videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads