• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep my TS to 2 pairs but keep wanting to add a loden leeds in addition to loden HM.

I don't see any love for suede HM. I think I have the only one listed. I was sure there would be more given the love for HM here.
You’re right — nobody has been talking about a suede HM. I don’t know why. I would have liked to see an example of the HM in another color of suede. I wonder what the HM would look like in grey or burgundy.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got snuff and (now) black suede HMs.
@BagleyBrown has Loden and snuff HMs I think. @polojock615 is likely to have ordered a few. He certainly tried to get me to order at least one...

Ordered the HM in navy suede. Might have done another, but then chili shell happened.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I've got snuff and (now) black suede HMs.
@BagleyBrown has Loden and snuff HMs I think. @polojock615 is likely to have ordered a few. He certainly tried to get me to order at least one...

I'm way behind on the suede HM, no pairs yet. I'd love a snuff too. But one at a time, hopefully there will be another suede TS in the future.

lcdx22

Reaction score
You’re right — nobody has been talking about a suede HM. I don’t know why. I would have liked to see an example of the HM in another color of suede. I wonder what the HM would look like in grey or burgundy.

Yeah it would have been nice to see something other than just blue. I was thinking grey as well but leaning more to loden.

If they had pictures of either one I think I'd be pushed over the edge.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep my TS to 2 pairs but keep wanting to add a loden leeds in addition to loden HM.

I don't see any love for suede HM. I think I have the only one listed. I was sure there would be more given the love for HM here.
HM is widely loved here. I already have a suede HM and can get a waxed suede to even further the suede train. Guys have even posted suede Pattons here. Boot suede seems an easy get. Same with Strand. But for some styles like the Leeds, Plymouth, MaNeil and others this is a last chance that you will not see for a long time or ever.

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HM is widely loved here. I already have a suede HM and can get a waxed suede to even further the suede train. Guys have even posted suede Pattons here. Boot suede seems an easy get. Same with Strand. But for some styles like the Leeds, Plymouth, MaNeil and others this is a last chance that you will not see for a long time or ever.
You never know what will happen. Take each pair as its own. The HM is about as likely to be released on gray as the Plymouth in sand!

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Liverpool is a really spectacular boot, one of the best makeups AE has ever offered. But the MSRP is STEEP. I have a pair of the brown suede Liverpools, and to be honest I think the color is a little too dark. I’ve always wanted a snuff suede Liverpool, but at these prices… And I’ve already ponied up for the brown, even if I’m not totally happy with it, I spent the money for it...

I’d pay sticker price for a shell Liverpool, but for a different color of suede the price is pretty high.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Liverpool is a really spectacular boot, one of the best makeups AE has ever offered. But the MSRP is STEEP. I have a pair of the brown suede Liverpools, and to be honest I think the color is a little too dark. I’ve always wanted a snuff suede Liverpool, but at these prices… And I’ve already ponied up for the brown, even if I’m not totally happy with it, I spent the money for it...

I’d pay sticker price for a shell Liverpool, but for a different color of suede the price is pretty high.
Don't hold your breath for shell Liverpool. AE shut that down years ago. Carmina has now stopped as well until they can find a better way to do it without high damage rates. You're looking at EB or similar.

Could sell the bitter choco LPs and order a snuff to replace!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The whole every shell color ends up brown. I'd lost the pic for a while, but here's a guy who wore his reverse black shell a lot.
Khp9iCQ_d.jpg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole every shell color ends up brown. I'd lost the pic for a while, but here's a guy who wore his reverse black shell a lot.

Awesome patina, but on the other hand it sucks that that olive/taupe tone disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads