• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeliany

Reaction score
FCF8A823-59D5-45AA-B1EA-616077BFB543.jpeg

long branch @ mammoth mountain

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What day is the last day to place orders for the suede TS?

I ask because I have ordered a Grayson and a Randolph in size 13 A to see if the fit will work. (my normal size, 13 B, is too roomy in both models). And I think I will be lucky if those shoes arrive by Friday 2/21.

I had looked for a 13 A Randolph earlier, and they didn't have any in stock. They have just started offering 13A in Randolph. But luckily one popped up as In Stock Friday so RJ in Charleston ordered it for me. Now playing a waiting game. I may have cut it too close.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're not excited about your job, which many many people in many jobs aren't, you certainly aren't going to go above and beyond for something like a TS.
Unfortunately in the current world of brick and mortar being genuinely happy at an SA job is extremely difficult. I visit my brick and mortar to see enough that makes it very difficult. Here are a few examples. Customer comes in to try on a few pairs and then calls back a few hours later to thank the SA for taking the time to help them dial in their size. Because I just bought three pairs online. Ugh. Or you get to watch the customer that walks in with three pairs and a box of polish and stuff that they bought online and they just want to return at the store. Now the individual SA does not get hit with the return but the store does. Enough of that can impact the accessories bonus paid to the SA’s. People tend to do the easiest thing. Buy online and return at the store. Why should they be bothered with boxing a shoe for return? In spite of all this, there are good SA’s that just knock it out of the park week in and week out. Managers do not always make more than the SA’s that they manage.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately in the current world of brick and mortar being genuinely happy at an SA job is extremely difficult. I visit my brick and mortar to see enough that makes it very difficult. Here are a few examples. Customer comes in to try on a few pairs and then calls back a few hours later to thank the SA for taking the time to help them dial in their size. Because I just bought three pairs online. Ugh. Or you get to watch the customer that walks in with three pairs and a box of polish and stuff that they bought online and they just want to return at the store. Now the individual SA does not get hit with the return but the store does. Enough of that can impact the accessories bonus paid to the SA’s. People tend to do the easiest thing. Buy online and return at the store. Why should they be bothered with boxing a shoe for return? In spite of all this, there are good SA’s that just knock it out of the park week in and week out. Managers do not always make more than the SA’s that they manage.
Some stores won’t accept the returns actually.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow! so we might have chili shell belts, either as a regular offering or at an autumn trunk show?
If so, that is very very welcome news!
If a TS offering only, I hope they will do navy and green shell belts also!
I got the feeling they aren't going through with it as production, but time will tell... We've been surprised before...
Oh, I understand the pitfalls... It's the same in all professions. I've certainly got enthusiasm, but there's a lot of people just for the paycheck.
Unfortunately, our current society isn't out to make the individual happy and healthy...

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What day is the last day to place orders for the suede TS?

I ask because I have ordered a Grayson and a Randolph in size 13 A to see if the fit will work. (my normal size, 13 B, is too roomy in both models). And I think I will be lucky if those shoes arrive by Friday 2/21.

I had looked for a 13 A Randolph earlier, and they didn't have any in stock. They have just started offering 13A in Randolph. But luckily one popped up as In Stock Friday so RJ in Charleston ordered it for me. Now playing a waiting game. I may have cut it too close.

The 23rd!
Looks like your items are picked already so it shouldn't be too long! You'll probably get them with just enough time if I had to guess.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, if you'd rather have one pair than two!
That's a good point, but to me it's moot, since the button boot is not a style that appeals to me.

And I thought Fitzpatrick only went up to D widths anyway (but I guess if you have a pair, that must not be the case)...

schweezly

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for mid weight socks that have like a padded heel or have some weight around the heels? My cordovan Leeds fit larger compared to my calf ones. Slightly thicker socks fill out the toebox well but where I’m noticing most is around the heel.

Just wondering. Since there new, I think there’s a chance that once they break in I could fit my super thin pedag insert I like and wear thinner socksif desired

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for mid weight socks that have like a padded heel or have some weight around the heels? My cordovan Leeds fit larger compared to my calf ones. Slightly thicker socks fill out the toebox well but where I’m noticing most is around the heel.

Just wondering. Since there new, I think there’s a chance that once they break in I could fit my super thin pedag insert I like and wear thinner socksif desired
Darn Tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads