• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice......we are going to supper at a friends house( he is a heart surgeon and one hell of a cook) I would prefer your lobster, but he is making Indian chicken something.....
Despite being a south Asian (wife and son) family, we don’t eat any Indian food... too much sugar

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to dye black to navy, you might want to try blue dye instead of navy. Otherwise I’m afraid you’ll put a lot of work into changing them from black to black.

I never got that far and I'm not trying to do anything else. When the Navy dye arrives, I'm going to feed it to the tree rats. Wednesday, AE's will deliver a Navy pair of shoes.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha probably not. My definition of heart healthy is zero plants....doctors disagree.
What shoes will you wear (and probably take off at the door)?
Well, since it's -3 out and snow on the ground, it's going to be boots of some sort. Probably the other brand Indy boots or NST. Commando is much preferable to Dainite in my opinion. HM's are just too slippery on the Dainite sole.....maybe Caen's but.....oh hell, who knows.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big group of Overhaulin episodes on. Figure that's a good background for shoe shining.

Then they pull out the episodes with Jessi Combs. ???

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL well you know your weakness! That's a serious aberration from your goal ;)

since I clearly have no self-control and am obviously not going to stop buying shoes I need to learn to set more modest/realistic goals

Going to not get addicted to crack this year

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More pebblecaps:
C46FD55D-7883-44CA-9B9E-C45420F89F4E.jpeg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of dyes...I have some Walnut carlyles I got cheap on eBay. They don't seem to hold a shine super well and the toes seems to be much much softer and less structured to the touch than my other lyles which doesn't help in keeping them sharp.....so one has to ask. Should I dye them a crazy color to have something unique?

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing snuff suede Neumoks today and confirming what many of us think, the suede Allen-Edmonds uses now is a billion times better looking than the suede they used to use.

IMG_3923.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, in the south patio of Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

IMG_3922 2.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, champagne, a chicken panini, and me at Traxx in the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal. Can now confirm the online reviews of Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut are correct. It is very good. As a point of reference, usually drink Mumm Napa Cuvee M, so I do have rather Edwardian tastes in champagne. If you have 21st Century tastes you may not like either of them.

IMG_3916 2.jpeg

On the other side of Alameda Street, is this what shell cordovan in the wild looks like if it's bronzed like some people do with baby shoes?

IMG_3928.jpeg

The Medal Of Honor monument by the Old Plaza.

IMG_3975.jpeg

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of dyes...I have some Walnut carlyles I got cheap on eBay. They don't seem to hold a shine super well and the toes seems to be much much softer and less structured to the touch than my other lyles which doesn't help in keeping them sharp.....so one has to ask. Should I dye them a crazy color to have something unique?
I’m not one to advocate dying your shoes some crazy color.
Green or purple might look nice though.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go crazy and go black!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads