• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Valentines Day gents. Hope you are spending it with your sweetheart.

Surprised mine for lunch today.
75795012-3AA8-4D88-8044-F3C3F4154021.jpeg
Certainly a good occasion to wear the red Neumok 2.0.
2E06F44E-BADB-4887-91EE-761124478304.jpeg
Happy Friday to all - enjoy the weekend!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I saw the bone doc Monday, she opined that the fractures in my ankle were possibly old and healed, and that the pain was actually being caused by gout. She told me that gout is caused by an excess of uric acid in the blood that tends to precipitate out in a crystalline form and attach itself to joints, especially those with bones that have nice fractures to nestle into (disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and I never took any college-level A&P - or any other biology-related - courses, so this description may be wildly inaccurate. But it's the gist).

In any case, I believe she was correct; a blood test showed that my uric acid level is at the high end of normal, and a week of babying (and occasionally icing) the ankle, keeping it elevated, wearing the compression boot, and taking extra-strength tylenol several times a day has worked wonders: I'm once again able to put my full weight on that foot (and even stand one-legged on that leg) without pain, the swelling has pretty much completely gone, and I'm able to wear normal footwear again.

In celebration of which, I put on my trusty Higgies to go out for lunch earlier:

20200214_HM.jpg

(After wrangling Harry back in from the back yard, which is getting muddy again...)

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That pretty lady makes me think about my ex-wife.
She was rock-n-roll and I was classical/jazz.
She was hamburgers/pizza and I was veggies/Thai.
She was beer and I was wine.
She was roller coasters/parachuting and I was scared of heights/speed.
She was covered with tattoos and I didn't have a single one.
She was sexy and I was damn sexy.

Last edited:

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Black Daltons today.

IMG_2360.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pretty lady makes me think about my ex-wife.
She was rock-n-roll and I was classical/jazz.
She was hamburgers/pizza and I was veggies/Thai.
She was roller coasters/parachuting and I was scared of heights/speed.
She was covered with tattoos and I didn't have a single one.
She was sexy and I was damn sexy.

We were en route to a rave in Vegas. We went to Le Cirque for Michelin-rated food after the three-night dawn-to-dusk rave. It takes 2 nights of convincing/prodding to get her to go up in the ferris wheel (in her defense, it's traveling carney style ferris wheel so....I get it).

My entire back, thighs, and calves are tattooed along with a small one on my chest. My first appointment for my full sleeve is Wednesday. :hide:

As to the sexy portion.....well I think we all know how that panned out. I still have no idea how tf me cockblocking a guy at a marching band party ended up like this but hell I'll take it.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my green First Avenue boots last week and decided that the green was a little too bright. I wanted a slightly darker tone with a little mottling. So I stripped the polish and dyed them a little darker.
View attachment 1334910

I also had an old pair of AE Foxboro chukkas that started their life as black. Last year I tried experimenting with them to see if I could change them to another color. I had “some” success but was not happy with the results. Eventually I decided that there was still too much black and too much “shine” for my taste. So I stripped those down and started over this weekend as well.
View attachment 1334915
I’ll try to get some pictures in better light the next time I wear them.

They might look similar in the pictures above, but they look nothing alike.
View attachment 1334916

I'm very upset that you posted this successful and beautiful transformation (from black to green).
It inspired me and I ordered navy dye. I began stripping black pair #1 and damaged the leather (into the trash). I began stripping black pair #2 and damaged the leather (into the trash). I did not NEED another pair of shoes, but that navy pair will be here Wednesday.
I'm still learning lessons.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very upset that you posted this successful and beautiful transformation (from black to green).
It inspired me and I ordered navy dye. I began stripping black pair #1 and damaged the leather (into the trash). I began stripping black pair #2 and damaged the leather (into the trash). I did not NEED another pair of shoes, but that navy pair will be here Wednesday.
But the third black pair! It burned, fell over, and sank into the swamp

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to dye black to navy, you might want to try blue dye instead of navy. Otherwise I’m afraid you’ll put a lot of work into changing them from black to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads