• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
St Johns for this morning and Caen for this afternoon.
8E43AB65-531A-4B35-91E4-23BA81EB2975.jpeg
E7062933-6551-4527-AFAA-279B845FAE54.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red dainite is not a bad idea at all.

I was contemplating a chocolate Randolph, but your Sand one sounds intriguing.

Any other stand-out must-haves from this offering? My list of notables that I'm considering is this:

• Sand Leeds + Buff Edge + Red Dainite
  • Snuff Liverpool + Brown Edge + Vtread
  • Loden Higgins Mill + Brown Edge + Commando
  • Sand Dundee + Buff Edge + Butyl
  • Navy Grayson + Buff Edge + Leather
  • Snuff (Chocolate?) Randolph + Brown + Leather

I do believe that's the Sandee Buff But

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope to see a Grayson in suede before the show starts. Will the tassels be contrasting full grain or a suede tassel. The way they did the Acheson was fantastic. The Acheson has spoiled me.

schweezly

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on if this would present a long term issue? Running my finger over I can’t really feel anything. Just don’t want it to be somewhere the finish will start to flake away or something. Under direct crummy light you’ll see it doesn’t reflect different than the rest of the shoe.

Yes, these are seconds. I don’t mind the diagonal lines on the toebox. They aren’t that prominent

B44AAE10-7B7F-49DB-9EA2-B2D69F320F7F.jpeg
DBEDBF74-8CF0-46EE-B272-AB4BBC9280E7.jpeg
03CA09F9-2451-4A0E-A20D-B05167339190.jpeg

Last edited:

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on if this would present a long term issue? Running my finger over I can’t really feel anything. Just don’t want it to be somewhere the finish will start to flake away or something. Under direct crummy light you’ll see it doesn’t reflect different than the rest of the shoe.

Yes, these are seconds. I don’t mind the diagonal lines on the toebox. They aren’t that prominent

View attachment 1326053 View attachment 1326065 View attachment 1326066 View attachment 1326067
Are those brown chromex Leeds?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red dainite is not a bad idea at all.

I was contemplating a chocolate Randolph, but your Sand one sounds intriguing.

Any other stand-out must-haves from this offering? My list of notables that I'm considering is this:

• Sand Leeds + Buff Edge + Red Dainite
  • Snuff Liverpool + Brown Edge + Vtread
  • Loden Higgins Mill + Brown Edge + Commando
  • Sand Dundee + Buff Edge + Butyl
  • Navy Grayson + Buff Edge + Leather
  • Snuff (Chocolate?) Randolph + Brown + Leather
Navy Grayson with Trans brown is on my list. Snuff Liverpool too

View attachment 1326053 View attachment 1326065 View attachment 1326067
Wow! Want :drool:

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Hello:

At lunch today, I dripped some Chinese cuisine on my relatively new MacNeil longwings. Any advice as to how I may best get these oily spots out? On clothing, I have the best luck putting a dab of Dawn dish detergent on the spot and then pouring boiling water from the tea kettle over it, but obviously that wouldn't be a great idea with leather shoes.

View attachment 1325482

For anyone who finds himself with an unwanted oil/grease spot on his leather footwear and doesn't wish to spend $25 on boutique cleaning products, I found a great solution.

First I dabbed talcum (baby) powder on the two spots and left it overnight, but sadly, the spots were still there to greet me at 6:30 this morning. An ex-military guy I work with messaged me back last night to advise I blot the spot(s) with a damp q-tip, and then sprinkle baking soda over the area; leave it for 12 hours. As I was instructed, I sprinkled on some Bob's™Red Mill® baking soda this morning, and...voilà! I got home from work just now, brushed off the baking soda, and the unsightly spots are gone!

The end.

IMG_7672.jpeg

DawgPound

Reaction score
I’m really enjoying these weave strands today. Thankfully I live in an area where I can pretty much wear them year-round. Still breaking them in though. I guess that happens when I make too many other AE purchases.
7549656c-fe09-46d5-aae0-ab21eb724195-jpeg.1326167

Attachments

• 7549656C-FE09-46D5-AAE0-AB21EB724195.jpeg
    7549656C-FE09-46D5-AAE0-AB21EB724195.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 108

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moar suede in honor of the impending TS. Trying to get them all rotated in this week.

IMG_20200128_083329.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who finds himself with an unwanted oil/grease spot on his leather footwear and doesn't wish to spend $25 on boutique cleaning products, I found a great solution.

First I dabbed talcum (baby) powder on the two spots and left it overnight, but sadly, the spots were still there to greet me at 6:30 this morning. An ex-military guy I work with messaged me back last night to advise I blot the spot(s) with a damp q-tip, and then sprinkle baking soda over the area; leave it for 12 hours. As I was instructed, I sprinkled on some Bob's™Red Mill® baking soda this morning, and...voilà! I got home from work just now, brushed off the baking soda, and the unsightly spots are gone!

The end.

View attachment 1326144

Wish I had known this back in 2019. I ruined a pair of Walton shoes by trying to condition-out the cooking oil spot. Baking soda and q-tip -- I will remember that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads