• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not my listing, but figured someone here may be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shell-Cord...180581?hash=item3fd908ed65:g:9dcAAOSwXeteK0QP

Seller says they fit true to size, for those with experience with these is that true?
What AE boot are they comparable to?
These were made by AE correct?
I find mine fit pretty TTS, feel similar to Normandy on my feet. I don't know if those were made by AE, I believe current ones are however. Nice looking boots, and since shell, those scuffs should brush out :)

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find mine fit pretty TTS, feel similar to Normandy on my feet. I don't know if those were made by AE, I believe current ones are however. Nice looking boots, and since shell, those scuffs should brush out :)
If we talk TTS i'm generally 13 in all things non-AE, I've only now discovered the rabbit hole of changing sizes and widths, but that's a whole other discussion.

Sadly I'm thinking I would be in the same boat as the seller since they claim to be a 13 as well and took a chance on these. Just passing along a decent find since I know I have seen interest in this thread with these boots.

Carry on with the Suede Trunk Show madness!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If we talk TTS "m generally 13 in all things non-AE, I've only now discovered the rabbit hole of changing sizes and widths, but that's a whole other discussion.

Sadly I'm thinking I would be in the same boat as the seller since they claim to be a 13 as well and took a chance on these. Just passing along a decent find since I know I have seen interest in this thread with these boots.

Carry on with the Suede Trunk Show madness!
I also have a CXL pair of 1K's that are 1/2 down from TTS and they fit ok, they were NOT made by AE, but by Wolverine in USA. I think you could pull off 1/2 down, but not full size. Got the CXL from guy on eBay who bought a pair too big.....Good luck on the 1K hunt!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

I agree regarding the newer version without the brogue cap. I got them a half size down and they were a bit snug. I do think for someone with a lower volume foot that a half down is likely ok. True to size would have been better for me. The 744 was also made by AE. I remember JUST missing out on those a number or years back.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 10D TTS, and Karina in Paramus recommend 10D. They are definitely more roomy in the toebox, but fit perfectly everywhere else. Very comfortable.
IMG_20191012_1400362.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much instep room?

I had a Stuttgart, but sold it for fit issues. I found the fit great in the instep—and I have no instep. The issue was the heel, which was so short my foot would come out with each step.

Not my listing, but figured someone here may be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shell-Cord...180581?hash=item3fd908ed65:g:9dcAAOSwXeteK0QP

Seller says they fit true to size, for those with experience with these is that true?
What AE boot are they comparable to?
These were made by AE correct?

I wear my shell 1k in the same size as I wear in most last, including the 65 and 511. The Wolverine has a much rounder toe and shorter overall shape than the 65 and even the 511.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Wearing the restored Randolphs that I posted over the weekend. For a shot in the dark gamble on a loafer that I've never tried the fit is pretty good. Just a hair loose maybe. Debating a thin tongue pad.

20200127_084638.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacNeil's today, you can really tell the difference in the double oak sole; as in less flexibility. I can see why these would not be great sellers for new buyers as they would expect more comfort and suppleness. I'd say I'd agree as I like the single oak more or one of the rubber options.

IMG_4804.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacNeil's today, you can really tell the difference in the double oak sole; as in less flexibility. I can see why these would not be great sellers for new buyers as they would expect more comfort and suppleness. I'd say I'd agree as I like the single oak more or one of the rubber options.

View attachment 1325275
Isn’t double oak only in shell version? I thought calf was double butyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads