• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some AE Fairgate's in brown shell. Customized with brass eyes and antique edge. These were either made in 1992 or 2002.

View attachment 1318808 View attachment 1318809 View attachment 1318807

Those are gorgeous. I wish AE did more stuff like that nowadays! :(

I like the suede and alpine grain variations, I don't even need it to be shell. As for TS20.1(s) I'm pretty excited about liverpools. I am not sure about the burgundy suede. I keep flipping between awesome or something that would require pimp cane. With JR soles eliminated, I'm torn between v-tread and butyl. I will definitely get sand liverpools, question is do I also get snuff. Then there is that chocolate carlyle that I also really want. Is there a makeup that is MUST BUY that I'm missing? I'm sure there is and I am not visualizing it at the moment.

Suede and grain ones are really classic. Anything two tone!

Burgundy suede hits me the same way... Oversized Cadillac and fur coat or classic and timeless? :p

AE Shell-ton 2.0s from the 2017 "any style in shell" offer... those were the days... View attachment 1323759

Ugh those are great. AE's specials are a "shell" of their former self... Tee hee ;)

Well done sir, well done!

Thank you! Trying to keep the snazzy faith!

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Well, with 3 minutes to go I started bidding from $94 to about $175 and someone else won with $176 and change. Fine with me, at least I lost to a more fair price.
End edit.

Are these standard PA's aka the real deal? Ends soon and I want to bid. Thanks.

Last edited:

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever go to Tyson's or Reston?

That would be even further away. If I happen to be near one I'll plan on stopping but the Clarksburg outlet was only a 20 min drive from work. I know most of my sizes now so not a big deal but it would have been a real issue if I was just starting.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally catching up, shame the Clarksburg outlet is closing. I don't really expect to drive in to east Baltimore to try on shoes so I guess it will be online or through Charleston.

I thought I read that Brookfield was closing or closed as well. Is that true? It always makes me sad to see an outlet AE store close. The one in Jeffersonville was pretty good before it closed. If Brookfield is still open, that would mean only 6 outlet stores remain.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that Brookfield was closing or closed as well. Is that true? It always makes me sad to see an outlet AE store close. The one in Jeffersonville was pretty good before it closed. If Brookfield is still open, that would mean only 6 outlet stores remain.
There are seven outlets and Brookfield is very much still open.

Brookfield WI
Port Washington WI
Destin FL
Riverhead NY
Mebane NC
Charleston SC
Paramus NJ

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are breaking in quite nicely I think. Also my wife says they look like old man shoes. I guess I’ll have to put them next to my MacNiel in the fuddy dud rotation.
08DFE83C-CC3A-49D2-8C47-96193ABECA1C.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are breaking in quite nicely I think. Also my wife says they look like old man shoes. I guess I’ll have to put them next to my MacNiel in the fuddy dud rotation. View attachment 1324971
Fuddy loafers!
(they look great to this old goat)

Headed to dinner with the fam. Inaugural run of the tan Strandmoks with olive Dainite. I love these!
View attachment 1324974
View attachment 1324975
:fonz:
AE's lineup of Strandmoks is strong right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads