• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I've got Strands, same size, in all 3 materials. My experience fwiw is no fit difference between shell and calf; but suede runs more snug than both of those.

Thanks good to know.

So I bit the bullet and just ordered a cigar Leeds in 13EE and 13EEE to check fit. They will both be going back after. Hopefully they get here before ordering is closed.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like suede shoes and I always have some in my collection, but they don't get any time on the feet. Perhaps, they don't match my wardrobe.
I'm not "shure" oxblood would work for me, so I began the process of turning an unworn pair of Blokes (brown/leather dress shoes) oxblood.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like suede shoes and I always have some in my collection, but they don't get any time on the feet. Perhaps, they don't match my wardrobe.
I'm not "shure" oxblood would work for me, so I began the process of turning an unworn pair of Blokes (brown/leather dress shoes) oxblood.
These days, I wear shell or suede about 80% of the time!

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello smart gents. Need some advise.
F1439C21-C936-48B9-8339-88B8DF31261D.png
I have this pair of older Long Branches. They need some TLC. I just hit them with saddle soap to clear off 8 years of wear grime. Now I am looking to condition them. I have a few options:
1. VSC
2. AE Leather Conditioner
3. Bick 4
4. Saphir neutral greasy shoe cream
This leather is super soft...which do you suggest I use?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks good to know.

So I bit the bullet and just ordered a cigar Leeds in 13EE and 13EEE to check fit. They will both be going back after. Hopefully they get here before ordering is closed.
I know you are just checking fit, but that Cigar Leeds is a really handsome shoe. Its very likely I'll be picking up one of those later this year. Just saying, it might be tough to send a Cigar Leeds back, especially if it fits you well.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I know you are just checking fit, but that Cigar Leeds is a really handsome shoe. Its very likely I'll be picking up one of those later this year. Just saying, it might be tough to send a Cigar Leeds back, especially if it fits you well.

Haha yes I know. That's why I got Cigar and not Black.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1324229

Got these on eBay for a nice price. Of note, on the bottom isn't the Seconds show mark, but very roughly says "No Warranty" with one word above/below the other. With that and the older branded stamping, guessing they're just from many years ago before the shoemark was used? The leather feels super nice, too, which makes me think older as well.

Your thoughts?

Those look like they were from 2015 or 2016 maybe. I own a very similar pair in bourbon from 2015 with the piping (same as yours). Carlyle is a really nice shoe that I feel is a little under appreciated on here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1324287
I have this pair of older Long Branches. They need some TLC. I just hit them with saddle soap to clear off 8 years of wear grime. Now I am looking to condition them. I have a few options:
1. VSC
3. Bick 4
Any of the above

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1324287
1. VSC
3. Bick 4
I would suggest Bick 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads