• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really good point on the gray stitching. Hadn’t noticed that before. I like it.
It's similar to taupe. Taupe has a contrast stitch as well. It adds dimension to the shoe without changing much at all. Loden is either a brown or green stitch, but it is very close to the shoe color itself.

I think this means transbrown edge on the burgundy MacNeil for me.

thecoach

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my first pair of HM (2nds) after waterproofing to see what all the hype is about. Toe is a bit "clownier" than I'd like, but it seems to fits my weird feet better than other lasts so maybe that's a necessity.

Attachments

• 20200124_115343.jpg
    20200124_115343.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200124_132101.jpg
    20200124_132101.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 30

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my first pair of HM (2nds) after waterproofing to see what all the hype is about. Toe is a bit "clownier" than I'd like, but it seems to fits my weird feet better than other lasts so maybe that's a necessity.
The more narrow your instep is, the more clowny it gets.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the ones AoC had? I've looked for a anyone even just doing a two tone of any time a while back and didn't see any current runs. Would be cool but its definitely something that would be a webgem type of thing. Cannot imagine it being a model that will sell much beyond that.

Sorry only garnet... Navy would be cool!

If neither isn't an option, then the one on the left.

These are the Leffot makeup. If I didn't already have this shoe, I would bite on Leffot's new makeup in the same style (linked below). Color 8 and black shell.... It's hot in here!! :stirpot:

I think AoC might have done a makeup like this. You're right, maybe not a full run type of thing. I do wish certain AE stores had the ability to do what Alden does and run small batches of shoes (MTO). I guess in its place we get trunk shows which are a good alternative.

Heck, even the AE Polo model in regular runs would be amazing! Alden runs the 994 and 993 (color 8 and black shell) in regular stock. A lot of the shell shoes aren't even premade, so it doesn't seem like much of a loss for AE to pull and produce models like this since stock isn't just chilling on the shelf.

Just thoughts from a crazed fan.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll learn to love those clown boots very soon.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And that’s why mine is more clown

Speaking of clowns I got to see a bunch of John Wayne Gacy's paintings at Zak Bagans' Haunted Museum in Vegas. The guy had a fair to middlin amount of artistic talent, it has to be said.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucks that a chocolate suede Dalton will still have to remain my unicorn.

Yesterday's Dalton

Today's EG x Brooks Dovers

So, this trunk show is new to me having not been around during the last couple. But suede is my go to and I'd like to pick something up.

Here are my options I am thinking:

Hamilton or Macneil - gray suede with buff edges

I would like to get vtread, but I don't think the vtread works with the buff edges (the contrast with the black), unless someone proves me wrong. So I think either regular or butyl soles. Possibly olive or dare I say red dainite on the Hamiltons.

Grayson - bone suede, buff edges, standard sole

Macneil - snuff suede, brown edges (not sure what this new translucent/transparent brown is), vtread

Last thing to add is who and when do I call to place an order?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads