• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Bradley? :confused:
Yeah, Bradley seemed a no-brainer to me as it looks so good in suede. Was hoping to see the Delray version of suede, too. So, no split-toe model, I guess? However, the MacNeil (which very thankfully is being included) and the Plymouth look the most appealing opportunities to me. And either in chocolate, too.

Last edited:

pedarius

Reaction score
@ae_ashley any samples of the Randolph, Grayson, and Plymouth?

Not this time, but look to the South Beach and some of the styles we've done for RL Polo for inspo!

"Not at this time" . . . so, not to be pigheaded here, @ae_ashley, but does that mean "closer to trunk show time" or just a polite "no"? Kind of curious to see what a full strap, sleek-toed Randolph in suede looks like before I take the plunge. Could be tempted by a sand or loden Randy but it's a fairly formal style as loafers go.

BTW, glad to see my local store (Nashville) getting a piece of the action this time around!

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few comments and questions:

I really don’t see the big deal about using a “Genuine Shell” stamped JR sole on a suede upper. Are consumers going to confused? “Yes, Marge, I know it feels like suede but look here - the bottom says it’s shell.” Are the folks on the production line unable to understand an instruction to “go ahead and use these JR soles on these SMU suedes?”

if I’m not mistaken, Stead is an English suede COMPANY while Janus is a suede TYPE. Also, Janus suede is actually the reverse side of full grain calf leather and not split. Split suede, like Repello suede, is sliced in two layers (split) so is thinner. I think Ashley said all but one color is Janus. I’d love to know which one is not.

is the “Dainite” offered actual Dainite?

Are red,blue, and olive the only Dainite colors offered? No black or brown?

I’m guessing MRSP for the Macneil and Grayson will be $395? But what about the Dundee?

Is this the real Macneil or the 2.0?

Club house leaders at present:

* Snuff Macneil (1.0)?
* chocolate Grayson on leather
* loden

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame DC got snubbd this go round. Was hoping to take part. Ah well probably for the best.

WNovizar

Reaction score
Brown elastic on everything (like the Walnut Liverpool)!
Uhh are you sure? Fukin brown elastic on navy Liverpool?

No JR, no unlined suede, and brown elastic on any colors of Liverpool makes it very easy for me to hard pass this suede trunk show

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random Friday stuff. Have a great day and weekend!
IMG_20190617_0937302.jpg
IMG_20190308_1019175.jpg
IMG_20191012_1400362.jpg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I interrupt the suede love fest for just a moment.
1B03F67A-C2EC-4EF2-8BA0-B0CE2B2C181D.jpeg
Football grain and black calf this morning. Next week, grain will be acceptable all week leading up to Super Bowl Sunday.

Now that the suede trunk show has been announced, when will the March Madness Neumok trunk show announcement be made?:nest:

Now back to your special suede programming...

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley let's get matching burgundy suede Strands.

The chocolate looks a lot darker than the 2014 brogue suede too. I may have to get one of those...
Need more and closer photos of the choco and gray suedes please @ae_ashley !
"Not at this time" . . . so, not to be pigheaded here, @ae_ashley, but does that mean "closer to trunk show time" or just a polite "no"? Kind of curious to see what a full strap, sleek-toed Randolph in suede looks like before I take the plunge. Could be tempted by a sand or loden Randy but it's a fairly formal style as loafers go.

BTW, glad to see my local store (Nashville) getting a piece of the action this time around!
Randolph in Navy suede would be killer if you can make Randolph stay on your foot.
Uhh are you sure? Fukin brown elastic on navy Liverpool?
Surely they would use the black elastic, which they stock for the black Liverpool, on Navy and Gray SMUs??

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Sand suede for a loafer, but unfortunately I can’t get a decent fit in either the Randolph or the Grayson in my normal size.

Does anyone think Sand works for a Leeds or a Mac?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame DC got snubbd this go round. Was hoping to take part. Ah well probably for the best.
I may do Tyson’s Galleria

I like the Sand suede for a loafer, but unfortunately I can’t get a decent fit in either the Randolph or the Grayson in my normal size.

Does anyone think Sand works for a Leeds or a Mac?

I think sand wood work great on both actually.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may do Tyson’s Galleria

Two major reasons I couldn't personally. DC is already easily an hour's drive with parkway/50/95 boneheads. Tyson's would be 3 hours one way by the time of day I'd be able to head that direction.

Add to that the unshakable feeling the Galleria is a bit too.....reminiscent of the Kandahar Bazaar. Nicest way I can say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads