• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you mean wait list? Pre-order generally requires partial payment and it is unlikely you wouldn't get the item at that point. There are some circumstances where it gets damaged or something though and then you are out of luck if its rare shell. You'd of course get your money back.
You do get your money back, I have had it happen twice with their pre-orders, once damage beyond repair on shell, and once unable due to produce due to leather shortage (natty).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caen, Bravestar and a dusting of snow this morning, dog is enjoying the snow.
IMG_0656.jpeg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My heart palpitated when I saw these come up today, but under closer inspection, they are not 8 D. One of you 8 EEE guys should pick these up.

What’s special about these?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen--

Two items today...

1) For those of you who may know, does the bottom box in photo #1 indicate a pre-Caleres shoe, while the top box bespeaks a post-Caleres issue?

View attachment 1322978

Well technically the lower box was still being used right when Caleres took over, but generally speaking yes those shoes would LIKELY have been made before the handoff.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s special about these?

Nothing really special, just that they are discontinued and unlikely to return anytime soon. I missed out on the natural Higgins, and I've been watching Ebay for the last several months for a pair in my size.

My wife saw the light behind my shoes this morning and she wanted to take this picture. She thought it looked cool.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit snowy this morning. Camera had a hard time picking up the eccru shirt. Camel hair overcoat on top.

IMG_20200123_083502.jpg
IMG_20200123_083915.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing really special, just that they are discontinued and unlikely to return anytime soon. I missed out on the natural Higgins, and I've been watching Ebay for the last several months for a pair in my size.

My wife saw the light behind my shoes this morning and she wanted to take this picture. She thought it looked cool.

View attachment 1322984

Angelic. I think we've been graced with a higher power in this photo :-D

cincytri

Reaction score
They should communicate that they're out of chili shell. That's a pretty long wait and I'm not sure I'd be cool with how this is being handled.
To be clear, I am not sure if they ran out of chili shell for the orders placed for the TS. It may be the case that enough shell remains for the original orders and that they need additional shells for the remakes and repairs. Either way, my SA has been great to work with on getting my pair returned and replaced thus far and communication has been good as well. While I would prefer that my shoes were in hand now, I more prefer a high quality pair in my hands in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads