• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMB35

Reaction score
It’s been too long since my Natty shell Park Avenue have been worn so they got the call:
29244FD8-3A89-4411-9715-C3FE56564E87.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I just snagged a pair of shell randolphs for a song that I'm going to restore. Pics to follow when they land. They have some excess creasing, which I think is why they sold for so little. A perfect opportunity to try the water soak method that I was just reading about here for anyone that might have missed it:

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freeman Strands today. Coincidentally, a consultant I met with today was wearing AE Strands. #shoebros4life
IMG_20200122_085820.jpg
IMG_20200122_093134.jpg

lemmy127

Reaction score

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Strands of his have seen some things... they're in dire need of a good cleaning, conditioning, polishing, and edge dressing.
True story

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to go super casual today with khaki jeans and Eagle Counties. As a guy who likes the prep look, I generally don't participate in most male fashion trends. The prep look never really changes so I just buy new clothes when my old outfits wear out. But I've got to say that recent innovations in jeans technology, like khaki jeans, are fantastic. And now people in Los Angeles are borrowing the khakis with fleece jacket look from NYC. This, too, is fantastic. I can wear jeans, a t-shirt, a fleece jacket and Eagle Counties to the office and fit right in. Obviously I wouldn't do this if I had a meeting scheduled; I'd choose a dressier outfit. But for days like today -- it's fantastic.

TBH entered the workforce in the mid-1990's just as "casual Friday" was being adopted. People wore suits from Monday-Thursday. Within about 4 or 5 years every day was "casual Friday." The old days were better. People looked better. I hope the pendulum swings in the other direction. That said -- since we've all got to live in the world as it is, rather than the world as we'd wish it to be -- I loves me these khaki jeans and I hope the fleece jacket trend sticks around for a while. It's what I was already wearing on weekends!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the Brogue Suede Strands today and once again confirmed replacing the Dainte heels with plain rubber heels does not affect the performance of the shoes.

Looking at this picture just noticed the right shoe lace had loosened during the over two hours had just spent sitting in a chair at the DMV (yes, had an appointment) while waiting to renewing my license.

If I didn't have an appointment (mine was for 9:00am) would probably still be sitting in a chair at the DMV.

IMG_3722.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures.

Shortly after taking this picture a young boy said it was a nice jacket and asked where I got it. Somehow don't think the answer, at Brooks Brothers around 1970 was the answer he was hoping for.

IMG_3723.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Coronation Chicken sandwich and me.

IMG_3720.jpeg

Having a Coronation Chicken sandwich seemed to be a appropriate way of celebrating the Queen ridding herself of that turbulent couple, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Hewitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads