• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also patiently waiting for my last TS19.2 purchase to arrive. A chili Dundee. They must have run out of chili and needed to wait for another batch.

32 degrees when I left the house this mourning...brrr. Green shell Dundees for the day.
159AD0D4-AA13-44B5-9924-10F09C966DA5.jpeg
Of course home yesterday with Strep meant sweats and cheap wear twice a year fuzzy lined slippers...Yes, I am quite ashamed of these, but man enough to admit they exist in my collection and post evidence.
4D5FB71D-6196-4E61-A1CF-EE0F51F4049B.jpeg
Back to the Suede-trunkathon speculation...

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just snagged a pair of lightly-used black Hopkinsons from eBay for $100, can't wait to get them! I almost never need black captoes, so I'm glad I got a great pair for so cheap
Nice! Is there any creasing on the cap toe? Looking through all of the Hopkinsons in my size recently, most seemed to have bad creasing over the toe. To me that nearly ruins the idea of a cap toe shoe, and I fear the softer leather used on the Independence line needs extra reinforcement there to hold its shape. I opted for pair of Meermins for a similar price instead.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an unfortunate run-in with a large rock (maybe boulder would be a more appropriate word) while carrying an even larger box. Behold, the power of shell cordovan! Ten minutes time, Bick 4, a spoon to smooth the scratches, a horse hair brush, and a little VSC to top it off.
Before:
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200121215438073_COVER.jpg

After:
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200121222908922_COVER.jpg

The four foot view this morning:
IMG_20200122_094716.jpg

pedarius

Reaction score
CA723ED8-1B9B-4635-B336-E32EB646E53A.jpeg

Still holding out foolish hopes that Sullivan will make it into the trunk show, preferably with chocolate suede on the bumpy bits and bourbon shell on the smooth (well, heavily creased in my case) bits. (Would even look hard at olive calf and chocolate suede.). There’s zero chance of that happening, of course, but not going to give up the dream just yet . . .

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1322365

Still holding out foolish hopes that Sullivan will make it into the trunk show, preferably with chocolate suede on the bumpy bits and bourbon shell on the smooth (well, heavily creased in my case) bits. (Would even look hard at olive calf and chocolate suede.). There’s zero chance of that happening, of course, but not going to give up the dream just yet . . .
To be fair, that seems more like a webgem to me. A GREAT webgem, though.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also patiently waiting for my last TS19.2 purchase to arrive. A chili Dundee. They must have run out of chili and needed to wait for another batch.

32 degrees when I left the house this mourning...brrr. Green shell Dundees for the day.
View attachment 1322315
Of course home yesterday with Strep meant sweats and cheap wear twice a year fuzzy lined slippers...Yes, I am quite ashamed of these, but man enough to admit they exist in my collection and post evidence.
View attachment 1322316

Lined slippers is what I wear most evenings and weekends during the winter, they get more wear than anything else.
To be fair, that seems more like a webgem to me. A GREAT webgem, though.

TBH it should be a regular model, this style along with a a true NST, GTW boot is offered by many shoe makers. Stealing @nishant photo for illustrative purposes.
a1891667-0b2c-4d12-a5e5-c990179f21e5-jpeg.1309617

If it was added as a core model I'd start with snuff or chocolate suede but I find this Olive to be awesome.

lemmy127

Reaction score
I know I'm jumping ahead but in the Fall I'd really like to get some Football leather boots. @ae_ashley

Not sure what TS you'd name it but Kudu, Football, Bison, Shark and so forth would be great.

Casual Leathers Trunk Show? Texture Leathers?

Lined slippers is what I wear most evenings and weekends during the winter, they get more wear than anything else.

Same here. I wore a pair of Brooks Brothers shearling lined, suede-soled slippers into the ground over the course of three or so years and my wife got me a replacement pair of flannel-lined, rubber soled ones from Lands' End. Can't wait to break them out once we move into our new house in a few weeks.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought I was the last one.
Apparently not. They say good things come to those who wait; hope it's true for both of us...
Just so you feller’s don’t feel picked on, I’ve not received my Chili Dundee’s either....misery loves company eh?

nmh20

Reaction score
I know I'm jumping ahead but in the Fall I'd really like to get some Football leather boots. @ae_ashley

Not sure what TS you'd name it but Kudu, Football, Bison, Shark and so forth would be great.
Football leather feels like an awesome Web Gem opportunity as well. Run it for a week in Early September hoping to turn everything around in 6 weeks. 1 boot, 1 loafer, 1 blucher...I feel like that’d do pretty well

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Football leather feels like an awesome Web Gem opportunity as well. Run it for a week in Early September hoping to turn everything around in 6 weeks. 1 boot, 1 loafer, 1 blucher...I feel like that’d do pretty well
Combine the blucher, loafer, and boot: 1 double munk boot.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I don't want to sound like Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh but some of the latter web gems - especially those done around Black Fridays - had some real QC issues regarding both finishing and the quality of leather used, presumably to rush things out to buyers quickly. The belly fat riddled Sauk Drive comes to mind.

Web gems were fun. You get get something in a non-usual color/leather/model combination and/or sometimes slightly below MRSP. But when things get rushed, things get messed up and some folks with really bad seconds could only get refunds, not remakes.

That said, I hope AE brings them back.

surrender

Reaction score
Nice! Is there any creasing on the cap toe? Looking through all of the Hopkinsons in my size recently, most seemed to have bad creasing over the toe. To me that nearly ruins the idea of a cap toe shoe, and I fear the softer leather used on the Independence line needs extra reinforcement there to hold its shape. I opted for pair of Meermins for a similar price instead.

I'll let you know when they come in, but the eBay photos show little creasing. It's a concern, but I'll barely wear them anyway...

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to my local store a couple weeks ago. They had the MacNeil and McTavish on sale. Unfortunately, my local store didn't have my size. But, the sales clerk was able to locate a pair at another store. I went ahead and ordered them. The charge went through on January 10. How long does it typically take to get an order from another store? I had them shipped to the store -- it gives me an excuse to go back and see if they have anything else on sale! :)

It seems like 10-12 days is way too long.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1322315
View attachment 1322316
Those slippers look good to me! I need a pair. Are they any brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads