• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it seems that a Mac air 13 inch computer doesn’t like having a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon spilled in its keyboard. On iPad until I get to store in next day or so......there goes the shell budget
Save yourself some $ and just grab a cheap windows machine. If you are using an air you certainly don’t need any performance out of it. If you are mostly web browsing I can’t see the benefit of another mac. I have a MBP I got in 2012 or 2013 I don’t remember but it was the first retina 15” and I still have it just for web browsing. I got it open box back when bestbuy would give you 20% off. Mine only had a tiny cut on the box otherwise brand new but if it wasn’t heavily discounted I’d have passed. I like their phones (I have one) but MacOS is just never going to win me over. I’ll sooner use a Linux distro before going MacOS (yea the MBP runs Windows 10 at the moment). The only redeeming quality to me is the iMessage and phone call sync across a network allowing me to answer the phone/messages across devices.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well it seems that a Mac air 13 inch computer doesn’t like having a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon spilled in its keyboard. On iPad until I get to store in next day or so......there goes the shell budget
Save yourself some $ and just grab a cheap windows machine. If you are using an air you certainly don’t need any performance out of it. If you are mostly web browsing I can’t see the benefit of another mac. I have a MBP I got in 2012 or 2013 I don’t remember but it was the first retina 15” and I still have it just for web browsing. I got it open box back when bestbuy would give you 20% off. Mine only had a tiny cut on the box otherwise brand new but if it wasn’t heavily discounted I’d have passed. I like their phones (I have one) but MacOS is just never going to win me over. I’ll sooner use a Linux distro before going MacOS (yea the MBP runs Windows 10 at the moment). The only redeeming quality to me is the iMessage and phone call sync across a network allowing me to answer the phone/messages across devices.

Macs are best.
No, get a Windows machine.
Mac, Mac, ?
No, Windows!!
Linux, Linux, Linux.
:fence::box::nest:
I expect to see this discussed for the next 8 pages.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitrep: bourbonception.

IMG_20200119_214513_032.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

maybe you should stop wine-ing

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What belts would you gentlemen opt for for the new olive strands¿

I would assume AE would be coming out with their own soon.

I've been a Mac guy since 2008. I find them safer and easier to do things. They are also powerful enough for my needs (audio needs). I only recommend the MB Pro models with enough RAM.

WNovizar

Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Macs are best.
No, get a Windows machine.
Mac, Mac, ?
No, Windows!!
Linux, Linux, Linux.
:fence::box::nest:
I expect to see this discussed for the next 8 pages.
I hope not, I really hope not. If I replace it, it won’t be a windows pc. May just stick with iPad for a while

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Houston can be tough, it’s so spread out and each of those attractions you mentioned are in pretty disparate areas. I’d completely skip the aquarium, as it’s more a restaurant with additional aquarium-like features. Nasa is quite far south, in Clear Lake, and I wouldn’t recommend staying down there unless you want to spend most of the time on or near the water. I’d vote for staying downtown or near the medical center (and zoo). There is a light rail that can connect you from downtown/midtown/zoo/medical center.
Thanks will pass along to family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads