• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, or to go a little further, use a little VSC to wet you finger, then brush it out. Doesn't appear to have pulled any color up. Doubt its noticeable from the six foot rule.
Yea it’s definitely not noticeable. I don’t worry more about the integrity of the leather, will it get worse with wear, and that kind of stuff with this sort of thing.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I beat the hell out of my 2.0s.

View attachment 1316127

Saddle soap, bick 4, and Doc Martens Wonder Balsam are all I use on them. Maybe the protein from deer blood helps, IDK.

View attachment 1316129

View attachment 1316128

The soles are getting thin though (lugs are almost gone), so they're going to get some new Vibram Arctic Grips in September.
Arctic Grip is available for welted soles?
I have only seen it on cemented shoes.
Could you please provide info?
I would love to get my Higgies resoled with this.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arctic Grip is available for welted soles?
I have only seen it on cemented shoes.
Could you please provide info?
I would love to get my Higgies resoled with this.

The stitching holes aren't pre-drilled on welted-shoe soles you know. :hide:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1316681

Rainy day = rare wear for the Williamstown chukka.

Not a big fan of either black shoes (other than dress) or 2-eyelet chukkas, but I generally like the 65, pebble grain and (gasp—AEAT heresy!) Dainite, plus these were cheap enough to be a no-regrets impulse purchase, so trying to give them some more wear to see if they can stick.
Love it! Why didn't I know that this shoe was offered in a black grain? Must pay more attention!

Those look great,the combination with the burgundy pants and black chukkas is killer. I like the two eyelet look,very 60’s London. I have a pair of the old AE Jodox(Jodphur+oxford) two eyelet derbies that have that toe shape. If you’re test driving the look put me down in the “hell yeah” column
yep

I am in the process of packing to sell the house and move. This means packing away nearly every pair of shoes and boots I own. This could last for months. It's suddenly daunting to decide which pairs must remain available for various occasions. :puzzled:
Isn't Pack All an option? You have a helluva shoe collection

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2020 looks like this now:

-Cheaney Brackley (olive) - bought
-C&J Lanark 3 (brown) - arriving tomorrow
-AE Strand (olive, non-weave) - soon (add a JR sole?)
-AE Park Ave (olive) - probably Summer or late Spring
Mine is so far less:
-Alden Ravello LHS
-Possibly AE Strand in olive, non-weave
-Possibly suede TS item if it happens.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is so far less:
-Alden Ravello LHS
-Possibly AE Strand in olive, non-weave
-Possibly suede TS item if it happens.
I am just at the suede TS item myself! Olive is great and all, but I have no need for any PAs or Strands right now: Suede and shell only.

Rithrin

Reaction score
That's a nice pair of Liverpools.
Someone certainly took care of them before letting them go!

Back in the 70's and 80's, a family friend and former Navy man himself, wore a beanie the exact color orange of the one advertised within the copy of the article posted. And he wore it rolled up, too. Unbeknownst to me then, in homage to his sailing days, I suppose. When not in use, he kept it tucked in above the rearview mirror of his '69 Ford Bronco. He was crusty on the outside but a gem of a man.. and physically/mentally tough! A shop teacher by profession, he really was also an "old salt". Upon his passing, he left my family quite a lot and I tried purchasing that Bronco but the "estate" wouldn't allow it... long story. Ah well, still have good memories that no one can ever disallow. Today, the "look" sounds interesting to me, but only on the right person, otherwise run the risk of looking costumy. Just my take.
I think there's a certain truth to that about every kind of outfit. You have to feel natural and at ease or the outfit ends up wearing you.

Back in my travel clothes. Heading to Illinois. These may not be the best to travel with. The Patriots are great all day as long as I am not sitting for hours at a time. We will see if I have to switch to 1A’s after 8 hours of driving.
View attachment 1316005

So something AE has going for it at least in their GYW recraftable lines is an element of sustainability. In a time where people have become more aware of their carbon footprint, I think this is something AE should talk about much more. I mean we had people go crazy about plastic straws (yea I love turtles too). Seems to me an untapped market. I understand that it puts emphasis on recrafting but I don’t think this hurts current buyers as they likely already know about it but it may appeal to new buyers more interested in a more eco friendly purchase vs just throwing away junk shoes.

That's probably one of the best angles to take with this. There's got to be a way to calculate the average energy spent creating a GYW shoe vs a Cole Haan, then doing a lifecycle analysis like they do for plastic bag alternatives. Market AEs as green products.

Project this weekend,a thrifted pair of walnut PA’s getting a revamp for the ‘bay View attachment 1316741 View attachment 1316742
Was this just a good condition and polish?

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Charleston sold me an amazing pair of 19.2 brown fifth streets. It might be the first boot that has ever fit me so well!

lemmy127

Reaction score
So, I just discovered and pounced on a pair of lightly worn brown shell Park Avenues on eBay for $67 shipped. It was a really strange listing, with these item specifics and no photo of the size, last, and model number:

US Shoe Size (Men's): 13
Size: 9
Shoe Width: B
Size Type: Medium

I honestly have no idea what size to expect to arrive, but if it's 13B, I'll keep them, and if it's 13D, 9D, 9B, or something else, I'll flip them. :slayer:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I just discovered and pounced on a pair of lightly worn brown shell Park Avenues on eBay for $67 shipped. It was a really strange listing, with these item specifics and no photo of the size, last, and model number:

US Shoe Size (Men's): 13
Size: 9
Shoe Width: B
Size Type: Medium

I honestly have no idea what size to expect to arrive, but if it's 13B, I'll keep them, and if it's 13D, 9D, 9B, or something else, I'll flip them. :slayer:
Maybe one is size 13B and the other 9D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads