• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cambridge is King. Unlike Polo, I am a huge fan of the double JR sole on the 5 last. :D
I thought a double sole would be problematic, but my size the double is proportional. I could see at a size 7 it looking very thick and visually heavy.
Still, definitely more casual...

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got it, the Jefferson, and the McAllister all in shell. All seem to fit exactly the same. Gotta say though that I'm not a huge fan of a double JR sole on the 5 last.
I have this funny issue with the 5 last. Best break is in 9.5B. Most comfortable fit is 9.5C. I am hoping that Shell will give me enough room to be comfortable and yet have a good break. I may have to wear the 9.5B several times in real conditions to find out. $500 test drive but it is worth it to dial in a size that I am happy with.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cambridge is King. Unlike Polo, I am a huge fan of the double JR sole on the 5 last. :D
I tend to like double sole, commando, or old vibram lug sole on all my dress shoes. If it is ugly, well that ain’t my problem. Feel free to rip out your eyeballs.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to like double sole, commando, or old vibram lug sole on all my dress shoes. If it is ugly, well that ain’t my problem. Feel free to rip out your eyeballs.
The only negative I can think of regarding double JR soles is that double soles can sometimes cause toe pinch where a single leather sole would not. I get this a little bit with my original Jefferson because of the combination of the soft upper and very thick and stiff sole.

Just for fun, I still haven't worn these, but I like looking at them.

IMG_0766.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be honest, I didn't mind not get any stimulus in the last round or this one. I am happy to have my job.
Wife and I are both retired, thus on a "fixed" income, we got a partial stimulus check last time, another one would be welcome, not that we need it to live on, but welcomed none the less.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am fine with it on the 5. I like my Cambridge, but I love the double JR on these green shell Strands:
A965FF9C-AC83-44C9-A5DB-E12543D8C302.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All good but does the walk fit the talk?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
The only negative I can think of regarding double JR soles is that double soles can sometimes cause toe pinch where a single leather sole would not. I get this a little bit with my original Jefferson because of the combination of the soft upper and very thick and stiff sole.

Just for fun, I still haven't worn these, but I like looking at them.

View attachment 1438970
Black welt?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just some pennies today.
98EBE7FC-B423-43C2-BC16-57CC2C4D45E5.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Whitneys are among my cheapest pairs of AE and also among my favorites

38A8E516-385E-4CEB-8B9B-73F2EC0310E9.jpeg