• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those came out nice.

Anyone, were the Kenwoods built at the (not) Rancourt factory, or were they after the split?
I was also wondering about this... it was my understanding that AEs hand sewns were all made in DR. It would not surprise me if these were made by rancourt but on the other hand the model and size stamping looks like normal AE and not like what Rancourt does.... so --- dunno. If anyone knows it would be interesting to hear the history.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
I emailed AE 21/2 weeks ago about my May 3rd order for chili shell Daltons. They didn’t reply (said timeframe for reply is 2-3 weeks), but suddenly I have been notified that the boots have been shipped. Tracking has them arriving this Friday via FedEx. Gives me something to look forward too. Going to Foreign Cinema (in SF) for dinner next week.... I know what I’ll be wearing!
Laszlo/FC combo was one of my favorites.

Aenonymous

Reaction score
I was also wondering about this... it was my understanding that AEs hand sewns were all made in DR. It would not surprise me if these were made by rancourt but on the other hand the model and size stamping looks like normal AE and not like what Rancourt does.... so --- dunno. If anyone knows it would be interesting to hear the history.
Sorry, I tried backtracking in this thread to determine where/under what circumstances your Kenwoods were purchased, so I'm not sure when your Kenwoods were made, but regardless they were not built by Rancourt. Rancourt (owned by AE) made non-shell Kenwoods back in the day, but Rancourt never hand-sewed shell (at least not for public consumption) until they separated from AE and became "Rancourt". There should be a country of origin (Made in ___) stamped somewhere in your loafers. What does it say?

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I tried backtracking in this thread to determine where/under what circumstances your Kenwoods were purchased, so I'm not sure when your Kenwoods were made, but regardless they were not built by Rancourt. Rancourt (owned by AE) made non-shell Kenwoods back in the day, but Rancourt never hand-sewed shell (at least not for public consumption) until they separated from AE and became "Rancourt". There should be a country of origin (Made in ___) stamped somewhere in your loafers. What does it say?
Hmm. Good question - I have no idea. Checking for science... brb.

Edit: MiUSA

Aenonymous

Reaction score
Hmm. Good question - I have no idea. Checking for science... brb.

Edit: MiUSA
Sorry, you answered before I could edit my post. I just remembered that back before all handsewns were "Made in DR", leather bottom handsewns were still being labeled Made in USA but were being handsewn in DR and bottomed (soled) in Port Washington to preserve the "Made in USA" country of origin, so the Made in USA doesn't really answer that question. But again, if it's handsewn shell Kenwood, it's not Rancourt. Where did you purchase these?

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you answered before I could edit my post. I just remembered that back before all handsewns were "Made in DR", leather bottom handsewns were still being labeled Made in USA but were being handsewn in DR and bottomed (soled) in Port Washington to preserve the "Made in USA" country of origin, so the Made in USA doesn't really answer that question. But again, if it's handsewn shell Kenwood, it's not Rancourt. Where did you purchase these?
Hmm, interesting AE trivia...Did not know that. I bought these on ebay. They are not new but were a very good deal and in excellent condition in my estimation.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Gents, any ideas how Chili shell will age? Will it lighten/become brighter?

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford