• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there earlier this year (May?) and you could have shot a cannon through the streets it was so dead.

Haha, thank you! Keeping it real and classy over here!
It was pretty dead during the week but it picked up on thursday. July isnt really the ideal time to visit as it happens :hide:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was looking back over for this. How often should 'regularly' be? Thanks
I think it varies a lot with wear, age, and material. Ask different people and you'll get different replies. Some of the bespoke makers say never needed. Seems like Horween would suggest occasionally. There's not defined time frame though. I'd say when they look and feel like they need it. Maybe once a year for mine. 30 years in a closet is too long for sure, though!

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
I emailed AE 21/2 weeks ago about my May 3rd order for chili shell Daltons. They didn’t reply (said timeframe for reply is 2-3 weeks), but suddenly I have been notified that the boots have been shipped. Tracking has them arriving this Friday via FedEx. Gives me something to look forward too. Going to Foreign Cinema (in SF) for dinner next week.... I know what I’ll be wearing!
I too ordered Chili Shell Daltons. My order was June 3rd. Wonder how much longer I will have to wait. My order was the same week the factory opened back up so I assumed there was a good backlog they would have to get through before starting mine. Seems I was right.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best brown 5A ever.
37284805-5896-4E66-B988-3FCD9A26917B.jpeg

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last post on the Kenwoods since I am sure everyone is getting bored of the discussion. Spent some time late last night cleaning them up a bit. Full wipe down inside and out and a coat of Bick4 also inside and out and brushing. They actually didn't need to be conditioned but since these are new to me it's just my standard practice. The shell on these is really quite nice. Thick, supple, and in very good shape. Also note the horween stamps on the inside. :)

Very hazy out today so the pics are not fantastic... Planning to wear these today to get a better sense of the fit.

20200804_100903.jpg

20200804_100832.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last post on the Kenwoods since I am sure everyone is getting bored of the discussion. Spent some time late last night cleaning them up a bit. Full wipe down inside and out and a coat of Bick4 also inside and out and brushing. They actually didn't need to be conditioned but since these are new to me it's just my standard practice. The shell on these is really quite nice. Thick, supple, and in very good shape. Also note the horween stamps on the inside. :)

Very hazy out today so the pics are not fantastic... Planning to wear these today to get a better sense of the fit.

View attachment 1435814
View attachment 1435813
Those are pretty cool. I should’ve grabbed a pair when they were heavily discounted in the bank

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty cool. I should’ve grabbed a pair when they were heavily discounted in the bank
I dont recollect when that happened... it must have been before I was shell obsessed or during a window of time when I was relatively disengaged.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont recollect when that happened... it must have been before I was shell obsessed or during a window of time when I was relatively disengaged.
Seems like 2017 or 2018 when the shell Kenwoods popped up on my radar as discontinued/discounted. Must’ve been the former (pre obsession) since I hesitated.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Split toe Tuesday

IMG_20200804_095839.jpg
IMG_20200804_095646.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1435814
View attachment 1435813
Those came out nice.

Anyone, were the Kenwoods built at the (not) Rancourt factory, or were they after the split?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's