• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yah I assumed that was probably the case since I have some experience with replacement tacco heel insert things (spacing the right name) and the adhesive seemed iffy to me on those. As it turns out they have held quite well but they are much less prone to being trifled with at the bottom of the heel vs. the spot that we are talking about now. The barge cement idea is also a really good idea.
I'd caution you on the barge cement. Both heel grips and tongue pads flatten out with wear.
When that happens they need to be replaced. If you cemented them in with Barge -or- a similar product it's a bear to remove the pads and there will likely be some remnants left inside the shoe that you cant get out.
With the heel grips, make sure that you use a shoe horn when you first apply them. That will prevent the heel grip from rolling down when you put your foot in. It also helps to firmly set the heel grip in place. If used properly you shouldn't have any problems and both devices are effective.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd caution you on the barge cement. Both heel grips and tongue pads flatten out with wear.
When that happens they need to be replaced. If you cemented them in with Barge -or- a similar product it's a bear to remove the pads and there will likely be some remnants left inside the shoe that you cant get out.
With the heel grips, make sure that you use a shoe horn when you first apply them. That will prevent the heel grip from rolling down when you put your foot in. It also helps to firmly set the heel grip in place. If used properly you shouldn't have any problems and both devices are effective.
Thanks Nick! Much appreciate the feedback. I always use a shoe horn so no issue there and will use it to try to get the pad set properly.

sam67

Reaction score
If they are regularly conditioned, yes, conditioner can keep the leather supple for decades, but once they've sat and turned to stone...you can try...but expect to be disappointed.
I was looking back over for this. How often should 'regularly' be? Thanks

Last edited:

sam67

Reaction score
I was looking at 90's catalogs last night and saw these. "Olympiad'. Lighter brown than the Broadstreet.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at 90's catalogs last night and saw these. "Olympiad'. Lighter brown than the Broadstreet.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the reason I probably won’t be Shelltembering.
View attachment 1435647
About five years ago, we fostered a kitten who had been run over and was found stuck in a storm sewer grate during a rainstorm.
The local humane society took him in, amputated a leg, and stitched him up all over. They sent him to us to recuperate. He looked like death warmed over. The dogs and one of our cats immediately took to him. I think that they knew he was going to need some extra help. That little kitten attached himself to me and our pets, and after about six months he just sort of stayed with us. Around Christmas, we noticed that his appetite was declining, and so was his energy. It turned out to be FIP, which was fatal (like it nearly always is).

This new kitten came to us about two months ago. He was growing and doing great. He was almost ready for a new home. Then we noticed that he wasn’t eating very well. And his energy was declining. He had two visits to the vet, and spent about a week with them the second time. About ten days ago we were told that he had FIP, and they sent him back for hospice care. He was so weak when he came home that I was sure he only had a few more days with us.
He had a prescription that seemed to help with his appetite and we finally found one food that he would eat. We didn’t want to lose a second cat to this disease and decided to try an experimental treatment. It’s not yet FDA approved and it’s expensive. He wasn’t ready to give up though, so we’ve started him on it. He’s had five days of treatment (out of an eventual 84) and has regained his appetite, put on a lot of weight, and his strength and energy is improving significantly. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that he pulls through.
B3C2126D-E9C0-45D2-8B19-4D3DE224C740.jpeg

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
About five years ago, we fostered a kitten who had been run over and was found stuck in a storm sewer grate during a rainstorm.
The local humane society took him in, amputated a leg, and stitched him up all over. They sent him to us to recuperate. He looked like death warmed over. The dogs and one of our cats immediately took to him. I think that they knew he was going to need some extra help. That little kitten attached himself to me and our pets, and after about six months he just sort of stayed with us. Around Christmas, we noticed that his appetite was declining, and so was his energy. It turned out to be FIP, which was fatal (like it nearly always is).

This new kitten came to us about two months ago. He was growing and doing great. He was almost ready for a new home. Then we noticed that he wasn’t eating very well. And his energy was declining. He had two visits to the vet, and spent about a week with them the second time. About ten days ago we were told that he had FIP, and they sent him back for hospice care. He was so weak when he came home that I was sure he only had a few more days with us.
He had a prescription that seemed to help with his appetite and we finally found one food that he would eat. We didn’t want to lose a second cat to this disease and decided to try an experimental treatment. It’s not yet FDA approved and it’s expensive. He wasn’t ready to give up though, so we’ve started him on it. He’s had five days of treatment (out of an eventual 84) and has regained his appetite, put on a lot of weight, and his strength and energy is improving significantly. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that he pulls through.
View attachment 1435663
Sending you every single positive vibe. I hope he pulls through, friend. :(

Vincent George

Reaction score

View attachment 1435663
He’s looking terrific!

MajorDash

Reaction score
If last year was any indication, we should be seeing TS20.2 info here soon.. right?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No AEs. Just buskers.

I was there earlier this year (May?) and you could have shot a cannon through the streets it was so dead.

i think you're the only dude in America sporting a tie right now, savvy.

haven't even worn slacks since March!
Haha, thank you! Keeping it real and classy over here!

rxcats

Reaction score
That’s exactly what my order said (mine was 2x chili shell + burgundy shell strand). When I called customer service they said it had been cancelled

I’d bet yours has been cancelled as well. I’d call ASAP. Sent you a PM re this
I emailed AE 21/2 weeks ago about my May 3rd order for chili shell Daltons. They didn’t reply (said timeframe for reply is 2-3 weeks), but suddenly I have been notified that the boots have been shipped. Tracking has them arriving this Friday via FedEx. Gives me something to look forward too. Going to Foreign Cinema (in SF) for dinner next week.... I know what I’ll be wearing!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's