• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As usual, that is some crazy lace closure. What width are you (in general)? And is your instep particularly low (or high)? Thanks. ☺
The original 42s have a higher cone height than the 65. These are 11EEE, same as my 65s, and not ideal fit. I wear 11.5EE in more TTS sizes.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The original 42s have a higher cone height than the 65. These are 11EEE, same as my 65s, and not ideal fit. I wear 11.5EE in more TTS sizes.
Aaaaah. Thank you. I have "bad" closure on all my shoes, which I assign to just being a 3E and/or having high insteps too. Do any 3E's here have good closure to report, as in not a wide "V"? Thanks.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange outside now. One drop of rain every 30 seconds. Burnished Olive weave Strand is up to the weather.
1902F2FF-FBDE-44CA-A6AE-A966298CC328.jpeg

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already sold out (and therefore not competing here with any AE product) but still posting for those who may be interested to see what Cigar shell looks like as I don't recall seeing it here. Could be wrong. 🐎🐎👞👞 Ps. It looks pretty nice to me.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aaaaah. Thank you. I have "bad" closure on all my shoes, which I assign to just being a 3E and/or having high insteps too. Do any 3E's here have good closure to report, as in not a wide "V"? Thanks.
If you're looking for oxfords, Alden's Hampton last cures the large v gap for @smfdoc . He's able to get pretty good closure as I recall if her sizes correctly in Macs and Leeds.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for oxfords, Alden's Hampton last cures the large v gap for @smfdoc . He's able to get pretty good closure as I recall if her sizes correctly in Macs and Leeds.
Funny that you say this because my pair of 911 shoes closes about the same as most of my AE 201 balmorals. Was mine just made a little smaller than normal? Who knows. I'm just here to confuse you all.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I really just am curious to know if any 3E's wearing AE's experience good/appropriate closure or if instead, the majority do not. Like me. ☺

MajorDash

Reaction score
Thanks. I really just am curious to know if any 3E's wearing AE's experience good/appropriate closure or if instead, the majority do not. Like me. ☺
It really depends. Some pairs I get good closure and some are not quite there. They do get better as they break in, but some pairs just never quite make it there and some are there right from the start. Most of my pairs are on the 65 last, so this isn’t really a difference in lasts either.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My original Sea Islands.
661D535D-BAB9-4005-86B4-5EF5BCCF594D.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.