• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was casually browsing belts today on the AE website...Just got an email from AE: “Your shoes deserve a matching belt...25% off”

Weird? Is this new targeted marketing?
I mean, who does this crap work on? Do they think I’m that easy?

Anyway, my new belt is brown and should be here in 3-7 days.

rxcats

Reaction score
Was casually browsing belts today on the AE website...Just got an email from AE: “Your shoes deserve a matching belt...25% off”

Weird? Is this new targeted marketing?
I mean, who does this crap work on? Do they think I’m that easy?

Anyway, my new belt is brown and should be here in 3-7 days.
I also got that email that included a promo code. Ended up ordering a burnished olive belt to go with my new Strands of the same colour. Should arrive this Friday per the tracking.

Rithrin

Reaction score
I also got that email that included a promo code. Ended up ordering a burnished olive belt to go with my new Strands of the same colour. Should arrive this Friday per the tracking.
Time to keep watch on the ol' e-mail account. Trying to find a belt to at least partially match their snuff suede, would be good timing to get a code for it, too.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Olive Strand has landed. Pictures plus the surprise purchase will be revealed tomorrow.

Someone recently posted a picture of their olive Strands on FB and they looked stunning and better than mine. I've come to realize that shoes that are larger in size tend to look better. This is one of the downsides of being an 8 D. Anyone else notice this? I look forward to your "surprise" but please don't invite Shiner.

rxcats

Reaction score
Someone recently posted a picture of their olive Strands on FB and they looked stunning and better than mine. I've come to realize that shoes that are larger in size tend to look better. This is one of the downsides of being an 8 D. Anyone else notice this? I look forward to your "surprise" but please don't invite Shiner.
I wear size 11. I'm 6'2". If my feet were size 8 I would tumble over! I like my olive Stands much more than I thought I would. I wore them today.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear size 11. I'm 6'2". If my feet were size 8 I would tumble over! I like my olive Stands much more than I thought I would. I wore them today.

Was that you who posted those pictures? These look better than my pair.

107851123_10223031620554953_8086386932020573427_o.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I see smaller sizes I'm usually shocked how large the soles look in proportion.
When you start getting up to like 15, sometimes they look awesomely sleek, sometimes they look too long.
Of course, I have the problem of all of my pairs looking wider than the design was intended.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you saying that size matters? My wife has always told me that you just gotta rub it right. Below are my Olive Dylan with no work in different lights.
B199730B-6B63-4670-89F8-82143F6324BF.jpeg
A4EB2058-3519-415E-A1FB-A28CDABF3358.jpeg

And here they are after a shine and some use.
B76975C0-226E-46F7-901A-52E05987D4CC.jpeg

Shoes need wear and love to shine to their full potential.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a 8EEE I feel your pain. My Cornwallis looks alright, but the shoe looks better when it isn’t short and wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics