• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys. I picked up Jefferson 1sts in the last sale. Should I be bothered by the weird hump/dark line on the toecap? Is this a normal issue with Jefferson/McAllister?View attachment 1423681
Whatcha gonna do with all that hump
All that hump...on your...toecap...

You're seeing the end of the stiffener. My McAllisters had this too. I wasn't bothered, personally

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have used the word "tremendous" to describe my instep before. :) I remember in high school watching an incredulous Salomon Ski Boot rep realize he literally had nothing that could close over my foot.

My favorite last is the 678, but it is seldom used. I use an orthotic in most of my shoes which does not do me any favors on fit over the instep. But my feet always feel better with them. I wore Boulders yesterday without them and missed them.

As to fit and feel, maybe after half a century I'm used to a few things. I also give new shoes a few light wears to settle in, which always makes a difference. I'm not leaving the house today, which I why I picked these new Bartletts to wear. They need a light day or 3 to settle in. They feel like new oxfords.

I posted my McTavish last week, which are on the 65. They have become some of my favorite and more comfortable shoes, but they didn't start that way. Maybe this is a warning not to buy my used shoes. ;)

View attachment 1423315
With that instep you should offer your services as a living shoe stretcher for a fee

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need more olive in my life. Using the Dylan again today trying to figure out if I should get the bone suede Dylan as I have never been happy with my bone suede Sea Islands. Just too short.
87794AC9-F4DA-4231-AC84-2657A2FE99B4.jpeg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Car may be down and out after 220K miles. I'm waiting on the final verdict. I was hoping for another year out of the old girl for Jeep to release the new Grand Wagoneer or GMC to get the Yukon XL AT4 done. Not sure I can put a new engine in an old truck...

Snuff Dundees were the easy decision today. :)

Dundee_Snuff_25.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Car may be down and out after 220K miles. I'm waiting on the final verdict. I was hoping for another year out of the old girl for Jeep to release the new Grand Wagoneer or GMC to get the Yukon XL AT4 done. Not sure I can put a new engine in an old truck...

Snuff Dundees were the easy decision today. :)

View attachment 1423869
Put a lower mileage engine from a salvage in an old truck over a new engine. :D

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.