• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

frosejr

Reaction score
I don't have any boot trees; I just use regular shoe trees in my boots (and I much prefer Rochester trees over Woodlore, too, BTW).
Another vote for Rochester trees. They fill out the heel of the shoe much better than the Woodlores.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Just wanted to share Bartlett's I recently purchased. Leather is soft but not sure if it's just thinner lining. Still not up to par with quality of C&J. Not worth the premium price of $500+, but can't complain since I purchased them for $220. Always wanted to purchase strand's so this is something close, a bit on the orange side.

fullsizeoutput_2619.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2612.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2613.jpeg

A couple of walnut McAllister's for comparison..

fullsizeoutput_258a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_258b.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1422798
😍

I think the best thing about modern Horween is how they're doing a bunch of awesome new finishes on their shell.

Gone are the days of black and Color 8, give me more marbled shell, reverse shell, tumbled shell and vibrant colors like green, violet and orange!
It's probably a good thing (for me) that they don't offer those colors. Would be impossible to pass on both of those. They would look fantastic on the Park or Strand.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Not even I know the answer to that one yet. We want to get our stores open 100% and then it's plotting time. Haha.
Walnut, Natty and Shaved Shells would be great. Strand in each would be on the menu. Maybe even a MacNeil.

Nice lineup. Question on the tan boot laces. Where did you get those? I've been on a hunt for months. Seems so obvious but none of the typical lace places have them.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut, Natty and Shaved Shells would be great. Strand in each would be on the menu. Maybe even a MacNeil.

Nice lineup. Question on the tan boot laces. Where did you get those? I've been on a hunt for months. Seems so obvious but none of the typical lace places have them.
Guarded Goods for the win!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably a good thing (for me) that they don't offer those colors. Would be impossible to pass on both of those. They would look fantastic on the Park or Strand.
When I see shaved Shell, I only see boots. And then I would pray for a 1A, Fifth Street, or a Hamilton. Any of those would be killer for me.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So those must be whiskey? I have their whiskey laces but yours don't look to be those. Maybe just lighting. I just checked their site recently and they don't carry anything in Tan/Beige.
I looked on my order. Just said "brown."

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice day for a bootie boot. 5th Street.
E0831FA1-55FC-4CD7-81CA-5F89481B004B.jpeg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Monday forum friends,

All the banter here about the Independence collection did not escape my attention, nor did the concerns about the later shoes quality compared to earlier shoes dissuade me when pairs in my size fell below $200 on sale. I picked up both Bartletts (in brown) and Jeffersons (in walnut).

I've never seen a shoe from this line in person, and I am very happy. I've never owned a Strand (can I admit that), and while technically I still don't I'm pretty sure I could talk my way past the bouncer now.

Bartlett_Brn_25.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.