• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I beat on the guitar as I am only self taught with limited skills. i played as a teen and a little as an adult. I decided to get a new guitar, so I picked this up in Nazareth. This ended a lusting that has lasted a half century.

View attachment 1421990

My renewed interest in guitar stems from “The other favorites” on YouTube. His name is Joshua Lee Turner and I highly recommend you check out his channel at Josh Turner Guitar. Josh is the first guy playing on this video. An old favorite for people of the right age. This video was his Thank You for passing 10 million views.

So what model is that?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much everybody at that camp was light years beyond me, too - the instructors included Chuck Rainey, Victor Wooten, John Patitucci, Matt Garrison, Steve Bailey, Anthony Wellington, and Dave Welsch... And that's not even counting the "jam band" Victor brought in on the last night of camp: I never thought I'd be on stage as the bassist with the Wooten Brothers (Regi, Roy, and Joseph) and a half dozen Nashville studio players/singers. It was an awesome experience.

Regi Wooten taking a solo while I play bass (can't remember name of the Nashville picker behind us; great player, though):

regi-me-and-victors-stack.jpg

And me with Chuck Rainey the day he saw the aura:

chuck-rainey-and-me-small.jpg

(Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics, and whoever took the picture of me and Chuck apparently had the shakes, but the rule is "pics or it didn't happen"...)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there something special about cigar Leeds? I have not seen one without bad bend or straight up loose grain.
546D1AEE-CA6B-4482-9F14-F94E663A828B.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI, I am going to find a way to get a burnished olive weave strand. Even if I have to stuff it with paper.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tropical storm is churning up the coast and that means a solid wet day. Time for the Thousand Oaks. I was under the impression these were reverse chamois. The 2016 catalog hedges their bet and says they are "nubuck-like", whatever the heck that means. That and rubber lug soles means they are the go to shoe for such a day.

View attachment 1421560

Hmmm. What's the difference between these two?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a Schautal Saturday!

IMG_9016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads