• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

frosejr

Reaction score
Absolutely outstanding.
Thank you. Acquired at the dearly departed Clarksburg MD outlet (RIP) when the company was blowing out a bunch of unclaimed orders and such a few years ago. I think they were $99. Maybe my best shoe purchase ever.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Acquired at the dearly departed Clarksburg MD outlet (RIP) when the company was blowing out a bunch of unclaimed orders and such a few years ago. I think they were $99. Maybe my best shoe purchase ever.
I was really sad to see them close, but the few times I went the gentleman with the glasses was....not the same caliber of AE employee one encounters at, say, the 10th and H store in DC.

That's the nicest way I can say it and I'm adamant about staying polite and professional. Don't need the cops called on me again. :hide:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking out the Dylan for a walk. Trying to put some milage on them.
A4C5389F-2732-4748-85AD-FFFC4F4B80B4.jpeg

Vincent George

Reaction score
Incoming...Cornwallis in Navy. Factory Seconds care of Tom in Destin, Florida.
Old logo—score.
Evidence of in-store try-on/vamp creasing, but Tom noted this on the phone. A little Saphir Renovateur and Marine Blue polish should do the trick...
Price, you ask? $112.48 shipped.
10eee. Slightly shorter than the 65, but I like where my toe sits. Very excited.
DE3E89EB-05A9-406A-90EE-192978D9D0F5.jpeg
A859F7C3-9E4B-4357-A783-BED451E72316.jpeg
011DEB90-F2A5-4407-BCE9-65CBFD225374.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming...Cornwallis in Navy. Factory Seconds care of Tom in Destin, Florida.
Old logo—score.
Evidence of in-store try-on/vamp creasing, but Tom noted this on the phone. A little Saphir Renovateur and Marine Blue polish should do the trick...
Price, you ask? $112.48 shipped.
10eee. Slightly shorter than the 65, but I like where my toe sits. Very excited.
View attachment 1420051View attachment 1420052View attachment 1420053
NNIIIIIICEEE!!

I have some with Dainite I got for a song off the bank. Love 'em.

Navy and black wax for the toe. They look fantastic with a little minor darkening....

Vincent George

Reaction score
@Vincent George So cool that you got one with the pre-2018 logo. I know it's just a small thing that no one sees when we wear them, but I miss the old logo. Just looks more subtle and classy to my eyes.
Couldn’t agree more. Even the old boxes are better. Probably looking too far ahead—but I hope they do something spectacular in 2022 for the centennial. I really like the script on the first run of the Independence line, but I never bought any :(

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. What a show today and every day, really. You know, sometimes I look at "all" my AE shoes (just near 20 but a lot for me) and I think, "Why did I get all these shoes?" Then I see pics of all you guys and think, "Man, it's great to have a little bit of all these great looking shoes!" Umm.. and that I possibly need more. lol. Thank you all for your enthusiasm, great taste and inspiration as for me it has been a very fun journey. And really why I have all those shoes! 🇺🇸

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.