• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a new experience recently, got a call from @ae_ashley that she saw something special in my size, and was I interested? Was I interested!?! Foxtrot Alpha!

Turns out they were seconds from my very own truck sale orders. I ordered them anyways, they are seconds for the Loden HMs on Commando I ordered. I'm giving them to my brother when my firsts come, he won't mind if they are a little broken in. :)

What do you guys do to condition suede? I have a brush, but I've never owned anything in suede until this last truck show.

View attachment 1419814
I own my own seconds from the HM GMTO...I made them black suede.

Condition a new pair? I don't do anything. From the Suede TS, I forget what suede they used, but I don't think it was Rapello since that's full reverse suede. Rapello is pretreated with Scotch Guard, so definitely nothing to be done there. I don't bother treating any of my other suede either, because I haven't ran into anything a bit of brushing, erasing, or corn starch doesn't fix. Worst case, I can use suede shampoo on them.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a new experience recently, got a call from @ae_ashley that she saw something special in my size, and was I interested? Was I interested!?! Foxtrot Alpha!
I love those calls! My wallet doesn’t, but I do.

Considering the size of my collection, I think @ae_ashley enjoys the challenge of finding something interesting in my size that I don’t already have. Challenge accepted?!? I’m waiting patiently by the phone...

LuxLemon

Reaction score
I really feel like a big idiot for not scooping these up a couple weeks ago - in my size - $199 less 25%

01E7A0BD-45C9-466C-8A90-E29F1043734D.png

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those calls! My wallet doesn’t, but I do.

Considering the size of my collection, I think @ae_ashley enjoys the challenge of finding something interesting in my size that I don’t already have. Challenge accepted?!? I’m waiting patiently by the phone...

Jason informed me that they are seeing some chili shell seconds pop up now because the color is part of AE's regular line. Some on here might keep that in mind if you want something like a Strand or PA.

My favorite King of the Hill episode was the one where Frank Hank is worried that Bobby is gay. Mike Judge has a talent for making me laugh.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Canal Courts are $169.99 currently, down from $225.

I personally have purchased them for both Mr. ae_ashley and the father in law, and they are deeply coveted.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
PSA: Canal Courts are $169.99 currently, down from $225.

I personally have purchased them for both Mr. ae_ashley and the father in law, and they are deeply coveted.

what are the width like on these guys? my collection is mostly 11B but they are a bittight. My 10.5 in Surreys fit niceLet for width but a bit short in toe

Shiner

Reaction score
I saw the black background and was like "whoa @Shoenut when did you get all of those?"
Then I saw the avatar. All made sense.
I invented the black bed sheet as a background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads