• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weasel alert!

<sales pitch>
If you like calf, can get to an AE store, and have increments of $200 burning a hole in your pocket, I highly recommend the Independence line currently on sale. The leather is buttery soft and the lining is soft, too. For $600, you could have a trifecta of shoes in your arsenal.

Merlot Hopkinson (caution: penis toe may occur)
View attachment 1413011

frosejr

Reaction score
Touché

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the new Hopkinsons for about and hour yesterday, so I thought I’d bring em back today. Not a huge fan of the creases across the caps. The right one is right along that divot in the pic I posted yesterday. The shoes fit well, so it’s not that.
View attachment 1416855
Common or not, this seems a bit extreme to me; I've got a half dozen all-day wears on my Hopkinsons and they've got a little creasing at the edge of the cap, but they don't have anywhere near this level of deformation:

20200522_hopkinsons.jpg

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Just received word that I'll likely be working at home until January. I actually don't mind at all, but the sad part is, less AE shoe wears. I'll need to put more effort into wearing them at home. I'm not complaining -- I'm grateful to still be employed right now.
yeah, my work is considering 100% telework now... since we been working well without being in the office all this time
would allow them to downsize in terms of building space. perhaps new hires that would require more hand holding during their start, but all seasoned workers... we might be 100% at home.

I was going to buy another suit off SS or SM... but... umm

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, my work is considering 100% telework now... since we been working well without being in the office all this time
would allow them to downsize in terms of building space. perhaps new hires that would require more hand holding during their start, but all seasoned workers... we might be 100% at home.

I was going to buy another suit off SS or SM... but... umm
This is why a lot of people are talking about how commercial real estate is in big trouble right now. I decided to wear my Leeds 2.0 shoes for today.

IMG_0719.JPG

dc_slicker

Reaction score
This is why a lot of people are talking about how commercial real estate is in big trouble right now. I decided to wear my Leeds 2.0 shoes for today.

View attachment 1416904
yep... my wife already worked 100% from home before. My work in DC what's kept us in the area... but, if I am allowed to work 100% telework... I can get so much more for fraction of what I paid for my house.

Buddy of mine. His wife stay home mom... his work told him 100% telework already. He did not waste any time. Sold his house here and for 250k bought pretty much a freaking mansion with a pool right outside of Atlanta, GA. His and her family are from there so kids will be close to both set of grandparents, so made 100% sense they fast move on this opportunity

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep... my wife already worked 100% from home before. My work in DC what's kept us in the area... but, if I am allowed to work 100% telework... I can get so much more for fraction of what I paid for my house.

Buddy of mine. His wife stay home mom... his work told him 100% telework already. He did not waste any time. Sold his house here and for 250k bought pretty much a freaking mansion with a pool right outside of Atlanta, GA. His and her family are from there so kids will be close to both set of grandparents, so made 100% sense they fast move on this opportunity
We're actually seeing a lot of people buying homes right now in the cheap markets and suburban areas far away from the high density cities because of this. As a result, home prices in Los Angeles (where I am) are expected to fall dramatically in the coming years. However, home prices in the cheaper areas like Atlanta could go up a little. I lived in Falls Church for a year in 2013 and asked why rents were so outrageous. I was told that DC and Nova didn't get hit as hard because of the high number of government jobs.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. Back to shoes.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has tried on this suede jacket? Curious if it's more boxy like the traditional barbours or if it's pretty tapered. From the one review it sounds like it might be tapered but curious if anyone can validate.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Done, well mostly. I've never owned anything from the Independence line, but I ordered Barletts and Jeffersons. Also picked up a couple pair of Boulders, good WFH shoes.

For a relative newby here, what is penis toe? I'm afraid to google it....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.