• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I’ll check those out. I can think of another brand/last that fit tall in the toes. Do you get kind of a zero drop effect with the half front insoles?
Good question. To be honest with you I have not used them yet (only just got them a couple weeks ago) but they are fairly thin... Tend to doubt it would be an issue. I plan to use them actually on two other pairs that I have that are kind of high volume for me. I'll try tomorrow and let you know.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh from the Warehouse Sale...Black MacNeil in 10 eee--from what I'm told the last pair in the system.
Initial impressions--great shoe (haha what else would I say?) Really like how the 97 fits width wise. Compared to the 65, the shoe is indeed a bit longer and wider. Could I have sized down to a 9.5 eee? Maybe, but I ran the risk of putting my pinky toe in an uncomfortable spot. Worth the price at $395? Hard pass. At $134.84? Indeed.

The 2 "ultra specials" (or "unicorns" as Ashley calls them) from SC are with FedEx...hope to post pics when they arrive.

Hope you're all having swell days...(and if I have a "swell" day, we know the 97 last can handle the width...)

View attachment 1416372
Very nice! I own three pairs of MacNeils. Great shoe for us EEE guys.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to wear these out, just to make sure that I don’t return. But wait, only cost $188 after 25% off. The Ostrich belt wiped out that credit and then Kim pulls out an olive Nubuck belt for next to nothing. More shoe trees needed of course. Hey Shoenut you owe a decent bill now.
65F7E002-447D-4F5E-A10C-71478A77E8C1.jpeg

ptfly

Reaction score
Got to wear these out, just to make sure that I don’t return. But wait, only cost $188 after 25% off. The Ostrich belt wiped out that credit and then Kim pulls out an olive Nubuck belt for next to nothing. More shoe trees needed of course. Hey Shoenut you owe a decent bill now.
View attachment 1416751
Olive belt? Pics?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dc_slicker

Reaction score
View attachment 1416751
McAllisters in bloodox?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McAllisters in bloodox?
Yes sir. They are kinda pale for my liking but Kim said they were a nice shade. Kim knows best so I am leaving alone until the mood hits me.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Yes sir. They are kinda pale for my liking but Kim said they were a nice shade. Kim knows best so I am leaving alone until the mood hits me.
Yeah... other colors are back at 395, so this one for under $200 is def a nice buy.
ummm do I need it.... and I know what @Shoenut would say, but he is AE bot so his opinion won't count :)

frosejr

Reaction score
Wore the new Hopkinsons for about and hour yesterday, so I thought I’d bring em back today. Not a huge fan of the creases across the caps. The right one is right along that divot in the pic I posted yesterday. The shoes fit well, so it’s not that.

C8537127-E1C5-43F6-B6C5-9414E5DBAC83.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore the new Hopkinsons for about and hour yesterday, so I thought I’d bring em back today. Not a huge fan of the creases across the caps. The right one is right along that divot in the pic I posted yesterday. The shoes fit well, so it’s not that.

View attachment 1416855
Fairly common. Has to do with the toe puff being shorter than the caps. At one point AE had shorter caps, but it honestly looks a bit wonky. I would assume shorter caps is partially due to money, but I have a feeling they tried longer caps and had comfort issues.
Happens a lot on the 1974 as well...St Johns tend to crease into the top of the medallion.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.