• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Hard to follow up a fantastic @Roycru post, but here goes. Main reason I didn’t get in on the suede trunk show was because Rancourt got me for two pairs of Byron boots. Here’s my snuff suede pair today. Have a wonderful week gentlemen!
656F0C30-2242-42AA-93A6-6DB31F4F8854.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
while not having a mortgage payment the next two months is a lovely thing, we're using that for improvements to the front of the house, "curb appeal" things. Windows, new door/storm door/trim, and new concrete sidewalk/steps up to the door. I have about 4 years left till I retire, and we want to maximize our gain when we list the house, so we're starting a number of renovations soon. Nothing major inside; carpet and fresh vinyl (kitchen/bathrooms), refinish existing cabinets and new counters, and a new deck out back.

But we're keeping ourselves limited on the fun stuff till then (minus an upcoming vacation in a couple weeks, but that's still FAR less than our euro adventure woulda been) so it's either/or in this instance. Leaning toward the barrel though. I already have walnut strands, and the walnut jeffy is the only one in my size right now so....
Whatever you do my friend, DO NOT RETIRE TO ILLINOIS. Just my humble opinion, but DON'T DO IT!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wife went to local thrift store today, said they had 10 pair of AE there in size 11D, I went this evening and most were gone, but what's left was REALLY BEST TO SHIT. I would have bought them, and given them to guys here but honestly, they were so bad, sooooo bad........

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine as well, thanks @ae_ashley!.

Long live the Strand collection. I've lost count of how many I have now. I think we're going for 70+...
I was tempted to call bullshit on this, then I realized I have no idea how many pairs I have either.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Working from home seems to end up with more hours worked than normal. Haven't been able to check on everything going on here. Guess there's a sale on the Independence line! SF store hasn't reopened, though I probably shouldn't be spending more anyhow...

Spent some time on these yesterday and figured I would take a couple of pics for you guys...

Before:
View attachment 1408239

After (full cleaning, coat of bick4, coat of vsc, coat of saphir mdo). Seems the colors are a bit different in brighter light. Also still need to work on the welts:

View attachment 1408240View attachment 1408241View attachment 1408242
That is some good work! Must feel very satisfying to restore something like that, especially when it was such a deal.

Got an eBay deal of my own recently: burgundy shell Leeds. First AE derby, too. Everything else has been oxford style. Enjoying them so far, and shell on a non-boot is kind of fun.

IMG_20200629_162614.jpg

In other new, it's really nice to be eating at a restaurant again, even if it involves wind blowing half your stuff away the whole time.

IMG_20200612_173313.jpg
And one day they'll let us use soda fountains again. One day...

Hope everyone is doing well!

sam67

Reaction score
I found an Arlington loafer on Etsy. Know what year it's from? I can't find it in a handful of catalog searches

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found an Arlington loafer on Etsy. Know what year it's from? I can't find it in a handful of catalog searches

The soles and insoles gave me a good idea of range, then date code's last digit let me pin down year. (I had no idea so many different models were floating around in auctions currently until you started posting them all!)

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was tempted to call bullshit on this, then I realized I have no idea how many pairs I have either.
On this thread, never call BS, heck I have over 100 pair of AE and 99% are in storage in the basement in plastic tubs.........too many shoes, not enough feet....

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The soles and insoles gave me a good idea of range, then date code's last digit let me pin down year. (I had no idea so many different models were floating around in auctions currently until you started posting them all!)
Reminds me of the Hanover days of my youth.
482D489D-4306-44FF-A04E-8878E6A11A9B.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My comment about wing tips proven yet again!

Something about long wing loafers is just cool.
We used to sell the crap out of a cowhide short wing kiltie tassel loafer. It was neck and neck with our LWB shoes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.