• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

vdubiv

Reaction score
Gotcha. With the casualness of the rest of the leather, I'd just take it as patina. It may be a bit more visible in person, but a wet finger rub followed by a buff should make it look like natural variations in the leather.
This, or to go a little further, use a little VSC to wet you finger, then brush it out. Doesn't appear to have pulled any color up. Doubt its noticeable from the six foot rule.

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1316681

Rainy day = rare wear for the Williamstown chukka.

Not a big fan of either black shoes (other than dress) or 2-eyelet chukkas, but I generally like the 65, pebble grain and (gasp—AEAT heresy!) Dainite, plus these were cheap enough to be a no-regrets impulse purchase, so trying to give them some more wear to see if they can stick.
Those look great,the combination with the burgundy pants and black chukkas is killer. I like the two eyelet look,very 60’s London. I have a pair of the old AE Jodox(Jodphur+oxford) two eyelet derbies that have that toe shape. If you’re test driving the look put me down in the “hell yeah” column

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great minds think alike! I am very happy with these so far. What does your sole look like?
I’ve been told that I have an old soul. I still like rock ‘n roll, consider myself to have a good moral compass...crap, wrong soul.

S O L E
FBFE82AB-2189-41A3-9E3A-9EC5D3BBF5D7.jpeg
My favorite, of course.

Surprisingly, these are a 9 EE and fit perfectly. I took a gamble on this size on SB when they were getting rid of them. So glad that I did! All of my other Strand versions are either 8 or 8.5 EEE.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been told that I have an old soul. I still like rock ‘n roll, consider myself to have a good moral compass...crap, wrong soul.

S O L E
View attachment 1316735
My favorite, of course.

Surprisingly, these are a 9 EE and fit perfectly. I took a gamble on this size on SB when they were getting rid of them. So glad that I did! All of my other Strand versions are either 8 or 8.5 EEE.
Nice! As you can see, I think the flaw was wrong heel rubber
image.jpg

matwa

Reaction score
I took out the old reliable oxblood McGregors today

01-14-20 McGregor.jpg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McGregors are very underrated.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I think people are also forgetting the Strandmok 2.0's sole...View attachment 1316678
While on the subject of the soles of Strandmok 2.0's, here's a picture of the white Vibram Gumlite soles of those floppy tongued fools, the grey suede Strandmok 2.0's.

IMG_3630.jpeg

Got these thinking they would be as comfortable and as easy to put on as my tan suede Strandmok 0.0's, but they are not.

They are very difficult to put on because of the floppy tongues and not very comfortable to walk around in.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of packing to sell the house and move. This means packing away nearly every pair of shoes and boots I own. This could last for months. It's suddenly daunting to decide which pairs must remain available for various occasions. :puzzled:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SonnyUte

Reaction score
I arrived late to the Macneil party. I have a pair of bourbon shell Mac’s from a fellow SF’er in 9.5E. They are a touch roomy, but so beautiful, I put an insole in and they are fine.
i just took delivery of these oxblood Macneils from the Shoebank. At 9.5D, the fit is great.
Just the right taper in the toe. I can already tell that I am going to be sad not to have more of these in the collection. So sad to see them discontinued.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%