• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vim147

Reaction score
View attachment 1401629 View attachment 1401630
I don't get to see my customer's reactions often, but I was fortune enough to get to hand deliver my latest project to one of my favorite AE sales associates. She loves them and rocks them in style!

Her and her manager at my local store have always provided top notch customer service and that's a huge reason I keep coming back to Allen Edmonds.

Custom dyed Purple Daltons!

What did you use to take the original colour off and how long did it take ?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s tempting to send the seller a message describing what some of us might consider a pretty significant issue with this pair.

But what fun would that be? Somewhere out there is a buyer who is equally non-observant. That’s the great thing about eBay. It brings sellers and buyers together.
63376524-BA4E-4868-A73F-03DC438E29C4.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s tempting to send the seller a message describing what some of us might consider a pretty significant issue with this pair.

But what fun would that be? Somewhere out there is a buyer who is equally non-observant. That’s the great thing about eBay. It brings sellers and buyers together.
View attachment 1401770
I seem to recall an eBay seller mentioned on here a few years ago that was highlighting this as a style feature.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1401770
Sometimes you feel like an Oxford and sometimes you don’t. Perfect pair for those days.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1401770
Even worse, you know this is next weeks listing from this seller:
qRiXH8O.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had heart palpitation when I saw these, but the price is fortunately way too high for me to justify right now. But, I will keep an eye on these. Could be the last pair of 8 D Higgins in natural that I will ever see. Strange how these do not have the beige laces.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone help with these?

Looks like Concords from 1992, but the 5107 shows as just black calf.
View attachment 1401959
View attachment 1401958
I haven’t found anything that shows these as black/walnut anywhere.

TIA
MTO that used the same model rather than starting with a zero?
I'm assuming it's the last resolution that's hiding the vamp creasing (calf not shell)?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone help with these?

Looks like Concords from 1992, but the 5107 shows as just black calf.
View attachment 1401959
View attachment 1401958
I haven’t found anything that shows these as black/walnut anywhere.

TIA
I'm assuming it's the last resolution that's hiding the vamp creasing (calf not shell)?
Now I know where they got the pattern for the Madison Park that they make as a second for Nordstrom.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Cigar Leeds has been purchased. Hopefully they open the factory soon to make my last two purchases.

Volfan615

Reaction score
Not sure what's up with Allen Edmonds shipping lately. I placed an order through the Nashville store on 5/31 that was shipped from the warehouse in Lebanon, TN on 6/1. The warehouse is 36 miles from me in Brentwood, TN. The shoes went to Nashville, Independence, KY and now to Ellenwood, GA. Finally scheduled to make it to me on the 11th. So about a week and a half to reach the destination 36 miles away. How does this make any sense?

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.16.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.16.51 PM.png

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bend on the calf they used back in 92, was extremely fine, the creasing is there if you zoom in. From 82-92, they were sourcing very high-grade calf. It stayed very high-quality until the end of the 90’s, when I suspect the tannery they were sourcing from went bust. The stuff they use today is pretty good, but not comparable. Actually, even brands far up the ladder can’t seem to source leather with the supple bend properties of the stuff AE was using in the 80’s and 90’s.

That said, these are a great example of what I commented on a few days ago, where MTO’s get stamped with a catalog number that’s kinda close to what they are.

Pretty neat shoes. I’d be all over them if they were my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads