• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right forum friends, I present what may be the last delivery from TS 19.2. Chili Shell MacNeils. These had to be remade due to pretty severe issues with the first pair (delivered last December). Thanks to some help from @ae_ashley they are now in my possession.

There is still an error, I had ordered a natural welt and these are antique/brown. Since I will wear mostly with jeans, I like the casual appearance and "pop" of the natural welt. They are beautiful, just not what I ordered. At this point I'm inclined to just wear them as is and move on. Maybe if Alden made my size I'd be more accustomed to year-plus fulfillment on footwear. Thoughts?

View attachment 1399791
Respectfully, I agree with the Major on all counts. Those are perfect. To me, a really light welt color on a medium to dark dress shoe draws the eye to the wrong thing.

Those are gorgeous as they are. Take them for a spin and start enjoying them. Never look back.

Have I mentioned I think they look great?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the pitfalls of being 5’4” tall. I can’t even cross my legs in these chairs.
6DC0A1F3-A8A5-4F5A-9912-6461D8EFB8DE.jpeg

5th Ave for dinner. Dinning out these days means being out.
EF202464-609A-4F00-8292-CAEE2BD8C0AF.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a fake AE advertisement that is making rounds on Facebook. They are claiming to sell AE shoes for as low as $23. The lowest price I've ever paid for a shoe direct from AE was $76 (the McTavish I got on clearance). Not sure why FB is allowing it to run.
might have something to do with social media companies having no advertising standards

ccpl14

Reaction score
Of course, the first sign that it was not legit is that it reads "Allen Edmond" Shop. Spammers and scammers often forget the fine details.
I've always thought that if a spammer evolved that actually had an attention to detail and a firm grasp of the English language, we'd all be completely screwed. It would be like the SARS-Cov2 of the internet tearing through with no natural immunity.

It's only a matter of time. We need to stockpile Norton antivirus, stat.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden won't make a 14EEE if you add your size to a run? I know they'll do 14Ds at least but wasn't sure if there was some cut-off for wider widths
He's got to find a last that fits well too. The only models the factory stores offer in that size are 405 and 660 (black calf tassel on Aberdeen). I'm not sure Barrie guess past 13.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's got to find a last that fits well too. The only models the factory stores offer in that size are 405 and 660 (black calf tassel on Aberdeen). I'm not sure Barrie guess past 13.
I believe Barrie does at least. ShoeMart has 990s, 9901s and 9751s in stock in 14D.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
It would seem that there was a time when the shoe did not pinch that toe? Or am I reading your post incorrectly?
Correct, it's very odd. It could be an old toe injury from basketball but it doesn't bother me all the time. Only the left foot. Cavanaughs are the only model shoe I own that seems to trigger increased pain in that toe.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct, it's very odd. It could be an old toe injury from basketball but it doesn't bother me all the time. Only the left foot. Cavanaughs are the only model shoe I own that seems to trigger increased pain in that toe.
Then a gentle stretch may do the trick. A cobbler can even do a spot stretch around the toe area. For the low cost of stretching, it is worth a shot.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
14D, but they may drop the widths past 13?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I wasn't sure whether it was a function of them not being able to make it or the size being so uncommon that it didn't make sense to keep it in stock.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.