• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know about Hollywood but I'll take your word for it. I remember SF having some interesting characters in costumes to say the least.

I also thought with the success of 'Sesame Street' that these characters would be living well and wearing AE's, but sadly the cookie monster was begging for tips that night.

If you've ever seen "Bosch" on Amazon Prime (if you haven't you should), Hollywood is "glamorous" only a couple nights a year. The rest of the time it's very much....yikes. I highly recommend it if you want to see a 300-pound Batman or Superman who's about 5'7". :hide:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you've ever seen "Bosch" on Amazon Prime (if you haven't you should), Hollywood is "glamorous" only a couple nights a year. The rest of the time it's very much....yikes. I highly recommend it if you want to see a 300-pound Batman or Superman who's about 5'7". :hide:

Another vote for Bosch. Just finished Season 6 last week. Very well done series.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black shell beauties

IMG_20200601_093625.jpg
IMG_20200601_092846.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man some of those costume characters out there are as bad as the ones at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood....

While on the subject of the costume characters at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, a picture I took in 2017 of the girl I met online and who came to Los Angeles for two weeks with two of the costume characters and the prop one of them gave her to hold in front of the Chinese Theatre.

She didn't know the costume characters at the Chinese Theatre expect money in exchange for taking a picture with them.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.22.19 AM.jpeg

A week ago Friday the Department Of Justice sent a letter to the mayor of Los Angeles pointing out the lockdown was illegal.

Last Friday the lockdown ended throughout Los Angeles County and was planning on going to the barber shop on Saturday. On Saturday there was a riot in Beverly Hills so the barber shop didn't reopen. It is still closed because the curfew in Beverly Hills begins at 1:00pm today.

Had all sorts of plans for things I was going to do after the lockdown ended. For the last two days have watched many of the places I was planning on going getting looted or burned down.

Today was planning on going to the last restaurant I went to before the lockdown, but it is closed today and all boarded up (they posted a picture all boarded up on their Facebook page late yesterday). Was planning on wearing white Nomads today.

The places I wanted go go that still existed (as of this morning) are all now closed again, all because the governor failed to enforce his order, shown here in a local television station graphic.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.56.16 AM.png

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The neighborhood in Dallas where I live has taken the brunt of the damage from the rioters and looters. The bars, restaurants and shops were boarded up (all small businesses) for 6 weeks because of COVID and open at 25% capacity for about a week before this hit. They looted a number of bars/restaurants and stores in the neighborhood stealing mostly alcohol and consumer goods like sneakers and clothing.

Two of our neighborhood 7-11 had windows smashed and were looted. If they cared or thought at all I'm sure the looters thought they were striking a blow against at faceless corporation but in reality our neighborhood store is owned by a first generation immigrant franchisee from Asia who has been a fixture of the neighborhood for over 15 years. He and his wife can still occasionally be found working shifts behind the counter (sometimes even with their small children). Broken windows are the sort of expenses that may not be far enough in excess of the deductible to make an insurance claim but still large enough to really wreck your cashflow. Pretty heartbreaking stuff.

Still imagining how the typical SF poster would loot is kind of a fun exercise

Attachments

• most interesting oppression.jpg
    most interesting oppression.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 16
  • most interesting capitalism shell.jpg
    most interesting capitalism shell.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eating inside in Illinois. Go figure.
14465D28-367B-485F-9CD6-75DC3B973C4A.jpeg

Meanwhile in Mexico, social distancing is a little misunderstood.
7D9F4BEC-A589-4596-81A3-8461021FDACA.jpeg

B0705EAE-7C50-46F9-8376-D282BBC3BC33.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some pale home-bound COVID ankles. Ive never thought of coordinating shoe and skin color when going sockless but that is close. Maybe too close

Hahah, brutal! Believe it or not I haven't gotten to stay home one day! I am just a fair skinned guy, plus haven't been in the sun much :p

I'll take note for the next time I am going sockless suede!!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahah, brutal! Believe it or not I haven't gotten to stay home one day! I am just a fair skinned guy, plus haven't been in the sun much :p

Do you go true sockless or no show socks? I, amazingly, don't do true sockless anymore... even with my Maritimes.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No offense intended, apologies if that came off harsh

I think I just wanted to say “COVID ankles”

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you go true sockless or no show socks? I, amazingly, don't do true sockless anymore... even with my Maritimes.
I go totally sockless with the sea islands....of course, they are my beach/pool shoes so socks, even no show, would be rather silly. But for other loafers, no show socks are the bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics