• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I am disappointed collectors discount doesn't stack but I will probably end up getting chili strand, burgundy strand and chili PA. One the fence about brown randolph because I already have brown patriot and looking at chili dalton as well

I am getting a backorder error on most of the shell that I would want:

Back order: Allow 9 weeks for crafting. Lead times may be affected due to current conditions.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The AE sole has a little more texture to it, like a little stubble. The primary part of the sole has the same thickness as my brown Strandmok with Dainite. The heel stack is very different. To me, the Dainite has a slightly more rubbery feel to it. All said, it seems very comparable, but I do sort of wish it was the Dainite (it is the same price) just because... Doesn’t really matter; I’m over that now.

View attachment 1368118

It fits just like my brown Strandmok, which is unlined.

Does anybody else have experience comparing the authentic Dainite to AE's new mock version?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am getting a backorder error on most of the shell that I would want:

Back order: Allow 9 weeks for crafting. Lead times may be affected due to current conditions.
Even AE shell is usually made per order; this is fairly typical. Especially if you're looking at Chili or one of the 3 Bs that weren't a regular item until recently.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my last pickup of 2020 from Ebay.

20200409_112430.jpg

Also, my camera arrived this week, but I should have known better than to expect Canon to include a memory card. :brick:

DawgPound

Reaction score
What do folks here wear and recommend for AE casual footwear for shorts (I’m in my mid 40’s)? Like one of the drivers or boat shoes? My collection is good for office wear and with chinos and denim. I have Palm Beach that I occasionally will wear. Need something I can wear with shorts and sport shirt or something like that. No socks or no-show socks. Thanks!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check back. AE called the Cherry Neumoks "limited edition" and I didn't move until after they were out of 11.5EEE. I assumed I missed out. They were listed as unavailable, not back-ordered, wait X weeks for delivery... so I figured I choked in the clutch. A couple days later I checked again for the hell of it... and now I own them :)
I’ve been checking, and right now the cherry suede Neumok is listed in my size but only available in a D-width. I’m thinking (hoping) that this is just a glitch..

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even AE shell is usually made per order; this is fairly typical. Especially if you're looking at Chili or one of the 3 Bs that weren't a regular item until recently.

That may be true, but I was looking at AE shell earlier this week and those warnings were not there.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That may be true, but I was looking at AE shell earlier this week and those warnings were not there.
they were there for me last week but I'm a 12B. I don't think they charge you until the shoes ship in any event

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do folks here wear and recommend for AE casual footwear for shorts (I’m in my mid 40’s)? Like one of the drivers or boat shoes? My collection is good for office wear and with chinos and denim. I have Palm Beach that I occasionally will wear. Need something I can wear with shorts and sport shirt or something like that. No socks or no-show socks. Thanks!
Standmok, Patton, 1A’s in Shell are my go to. Oh, Wilbert also.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look for Maritime?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually pick a driver, but that may be because I don't own any boat shoes. If I had any of AE's sneakers, I'd probably wear those on occasion, too.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown shell Park. Holding down the fort at work, hope everyone is well!

IMG_20200409_095628.jpg
IMG_20200409_150306.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads