• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2020 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im very late responding to this, but I love those- who’s the maker? I just bought some burgundy Peal & CO’s from Brooks today that I’m looking forward to getting.

slippers have been the best part of WFH, today was Vineyard Vines x Stubbs & Wootton needlepoint:
View attachment 1368172
Thanks? Crockett & Jones...I don't remember who makes them for them though

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ULCajun

Reaction score
I didn’t see any mention of a deeper discount to items already on sale in the preview. Anyone have insight?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have the one pair, really like your stars/stripesl
thanks! It was one of my best bargains when I was at VV- normally $550, I think I paid $100 for them after discounts/store credit. Not worthfull price, but I love them.

I have 8 pairs now, I may have a problem lol...

Thanks? Crockett & Jones...I don't remember who makes them for them though
either way, gorgeous color, and I love the binding

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florsheim Longwings for Wingtip Wednesday

IMG_20200408_112142.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks! It was one of my best bargains when I was at VV- normally $550, I think I paid $100 for them after discounts/store credit. Not worthfull price, but I love them.

Erm...I didn't mean a ?, meant ! :p

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's nice to have you pop in. Feel free to hang around more.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear your daughter has it. I would argue that she needs to rest. Also, make sure she is not taking any fever reducers. Those can make the virus more dangerous from what I read. fI have a friend who is a doctor in Michigan and he told me it is possible to get a worse infection form people who are exposed to the virus for long periods of time. He said that is the reason why so many doctors in Italy died. This is also the reason why people should avoid coffee shops, buses and airplanes. Sitting next to someone for hours who is infected could be more dangerous than getting it on your hands. Speaking of, I've learned that wearing gloves is a great idea right now because it's impossible to get all the virus off your hands.
Sorry, just saw this. Wearing gloves is a pretty terrible idea right now, unless you are continuously throwing them out and putting on new ones while you are out and about.
People have some odd idea that the virus can somehow be stopped from penetrating your skin with gloves on. It of course doesn’t enter the body that way, but people are much more lax about what they do and don’t touch when they are wearing gloves, sensing some sort of false invincibility.

People wearing gloves are more likely to transfer viral particles from place to place and infect other people this way. Or yourself. Wearing gloves to pump gas and then driving away with them on the steering wheel is just as likely to infect yourself than without gloves. And you are much more likely to wash your hands at some point along the way.

This is one of those “it sounded like a good idea at the time” kind of things that ends up backfiring.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my few Strandmoks that I will wear with odd trousers. I am more of a linen and chino guy for this style.
6E241979-75F6-4BC1-A990-192126432C91.jpeg

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for replace fifth street laces? I think mine are comically too long and it's the only thing that prevents me from wearing them more often!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.